Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Data Exchange and Information Sharing >>> Importing Autocad Drawings Into Archicad Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
peach49

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Importing Autocad Drawings Into Archicad Reply with quote

Can anyone help with this?

Im currently creating a 3d model in archicad of a site, which has a been surveyed in an autocad drawing.

In order to accurately get the levels onto the 3d model i need to somehow overlay my autocad drawing onto my archicad drawing so that i can draw on the contour lines from the survey. Can anyone suggest a way of importing an autocad drawing into archicad to scale so i can do this?

Thanks alot.
Thomas Holm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Importing Autocad Drawings Into Archicad Reply with quote

Please - I'm not here to read the manual for you. Just read the Help file, or the manual. You can even just drag the dwg file into a floor plan window.
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Importing Autocad Drawings Into Archicad Reply with quote

Or you can just place the DWG file using the Drawing Tool, then resize it in its Dialog.
60 GB OCZ SSD + 750 GB 7200 rpm HDD
Win7-64 Home Premium ENG
AC13-AC18 (64-bit, latest build)
jrscholl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Importing Autocad Drawings Into Archicad Reply with quote

I have a question on importing 3D cad dwg drawings. Im trying to insert a 3D cad dwg of a site plan... the site dwg is already in a 3d format in Cad but when i import it into Archicad,it comes in as a 2d drawing... is there a certain reason for this or do 3d dwg's need to be imported differently then 2d dwg's? thanks, J
Matthew Lohden

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Re: Importing Autocad Drawings Into Archicad Reply with quote

jrscholl wrote:
I have a question on importing 3D cad dwg drawings. Im trying to insert a 3D cad dwg of a site plan... the site dwg is already in a 3d format in Cad but when i import it into Archicad,it comes in as a 2d drawing... is there a certain reason for this or do 3d dwg's need to be imported differently then 2d dwg's? thanks, J

ArchiCAD only imports 3D DWG as library parts. To convert 3D DWG to a site model you need ArchiTerra, but you will have to convert the DWG to DXF. I just did a very large site and it worked brilliantly (aside from the mediocre quality of the DWG file).

MacPro 8core 32GB Radeon 5870
OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion, XP32, Win 7x64
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Sanaa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: Importing Autocad Drawings Into Archicad Reply with quote

I have a question on importing a cad dwg drawings. Please help

I'm new in using ArchiCad and I'm trying to insert a cad dwg of a site plan so I can use it to set up my design. How could do that?

thanks Smile
ejrolon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Re: Importing Autocad Drawings Into Archicad Reply with quote

Start to read from Thomas post above.
AC18US -> AC08
View user's profile Send private message    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Sanaa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Importing Autocad Drawings Into Archicad Reply with quote

Where?
ejrolon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Importing Autocad Drawings Into Archicad Reply with quote

Second post from the top. OR start reading

page 386 "Drawings in Model Views" of ArchiCAD 12 Reference Guide
and
page 496 "Opening DWG/DXF Files"
and
in the help file search for drawing

AC18US -> AC08
View user's profile Send private message    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Importing Autocad Drawings Into Archicad Reply with quote

Here is an Archicadwiki article that may be of help:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/TechNotes/Using%20DWG/DXF%20Files%20in%20ArchiCAD

60 GB OCZ SSD + 750 GB 7200 rpm HDD
Win7-64 Home Premium ENG
AC13-AC18 (64-bit, latest build)
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Data Exchange and Information Sharing >>> Importing Autocad Drawings Into Archicad All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: