Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Tips and Tricks >>> Transparency in elevations,
View previous topic :: View next topic
Arcadia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Transparency in elevations, Reply with quote

I am trying to enable transparency in a frameless glass balustrade but keep my windows non-transparent. I know how to turn transparency on globally and have used a different glass material for the balustrade then gone to material settings and changed the window glass transparecny amount to zero but the windows still show as transparent in the elevations. What am I doing wrong?

Also I notice that the transparent balustrade is masking off the vectorial hatch on the cement render material that is behind it. Why is this happening?

s2art

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Re: Transparency in elevations, Reply with quote

Try placing your balustrade on a wireframe layer (set in the layer settings dialogue), and turning transparency in the elevation OFF. I can't remember what effect this has on hatching behind it, but it's worth a crack.
AC20 5025 NZE
HP Envy Notebook + 27"
Intel i7-6500 2.5GHz, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
Arcadia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Transparency in elevations, Reply with quote

Mate your a legend! This works perfectly. Don't know why I didn't think of that:)
View previous topic :: View next topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Tips and Tricks >>> Transparency in elevations, All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: