Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Problems >>> Unexpected Shutdown of Archicad
View previous topic :: View next topic
Yasemin Engin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Unexpected Shutdown of Archicad Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm using the student version of Archicad 12. It shuts himself suddenly down, whenever i'm working. A bug reporter window pops up and then it also disappears. As far as i could examine, the shutdown doesn't have anything to do, with any particular function of archicad. (it's not related to opening 3-d models etc.)
I can't work on anything, therefore i would like to ask you, if a similar problem has been discussed before?
Yasemin Engin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Unexpected Shutdown of Archicad Reply with quote

There are some news.
After the last time it crashed, i could send an error report via bug reporter.
After that, in the directory of my project.pln file appeared a project.pln.lck file. When i tried to run my original project file, archicad.exe didn't start and i got an error message:
ArciCAD.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point ?FontNameContainsScriptName@Textengine@TE@@QAE_NABVUniString@GS@PAV34@1PAW4GSCharcode@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic library TextEngine.dll

So at this point archicad doesn't start at all anymore. So i will try to uninstall and install it again.
Samovar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Re: Unexpected Shutdown of Archicad Reply with quote

Yasemin!

Check your graphics card is compatible with the list (bottom item on forum main page). Incompatibility can cause ArchiCAD to shutdown.

Please include details of your hardware and software versions in your signature to help with diagnosis.

CorelDraw X3
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Problems >>> Unexpected Shutdown of Archicad All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: