Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIM Managers >>> REAPPEARING LAYERS Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Erika Epstein

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: REAPPEARING LAYERS Reply with quote

Evan,
Have you tried to reattach the xrefs and choose the option to 'Remove Xref's Attributes'? This has been discussed a few times, most recently here.

Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
EVAN J. DENIS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: REAPPEARING LAYERS Reply with quote

Yes, I've seen that post. But wouldn't those layers be grouped with the xref layers (you know, under the line)? These are grouped w/ my layers. Would that work for that type? The strange thing is that they purge just fine, but then come back.
Daniel Hruby

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: REAPPEARING LAYERS Reply with quote

Did you delete all the unwanted layers in all your hotlinked files and save them too? Maybe you did this already with no success. Rolling Eyes
Maxwell 3.2
Modo 902
EVAN J. DENIS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Re: REAPPEARING LAYERS Reply with quote

Yes, I thought this was the problem all along, and had been putting off cleaning them up until I had access to all files. This is when I realized that there was a stranger problem. Still can't figure it out.
Daniel Hruby

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: REAPPEARING LAYERS Reply with quote

My first thought is that you have the layers in one of those linked files and they get added when you update the hotlink. If memory servers me correctly, modules will only bring the layers (attributes) that are actually used where as a linked PLN will bring ALL layers (attributes) in that file.
Maxwell 3.2
Modo 902
EVAN J. DENIS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: REAPPEARING LAYERS Reply with quote

I know, strange thing is that I've tried deleting all hotlinks, purge successfully, close, save, reopen, and they reappear!?
Brandt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: REAPPEARING LAYERS Reply with quote

I've also had this very annoying rogue layer creation happen when x-ref'ing consultant dwgs. these are layers created above the x-ref line. From what I can tell, they seem to be associated with consultant's Autocad linetypes. If I knew more about Autocad-maybe this would make sense. Civil engineers especially seem to use dozens of linetypes, one for every type of element, even if lines are visually identical. Layers seem to be created for each one. can't figure out hat to do about this. If it means converting every linetype in the translator--not worth the effort
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIM Managers >>> REAPPEARING LAYERS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: