Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Tips and Tricks >>> From DWG to MESH... a trick Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Matthew Lohden

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: From DWG to MESH... a trick Reply with quote

jonyyybe wrote:
Nando, can you by more explinable.

Can you explain the exactly the steps in the ravoneldar dwg file uploaded.

1- open the DWG as an object - i understand
2- copy the 3D script to a text editor (just the lines=what lines? there are many lines) and save it as txt - i don't understan what lines, but to save to a txt yes.

The "lines" are "LIN_" statements that define lines in 3D. These are the source for the XYZ coordinates.
Quote:
3- open the file in MS excel (using commas as separators=???) - Using commans as separator?

This is a basic spreadsheet standard. Text files converted to spreadsheets typically have commas or tabs as the separators between the data in the cells.
Quote:
3- use find & replace to replace the LIN_ text with a space - same ????

This is to delete the LIN_ command which the XYZ file does not need.
Quote:
4- at this moment you will have 6 columns - remaning to be seen...
5- take the last 3 and place them at the end so you can have a list of X, Y and Z values - ??????

This isolates just the XYZ coordinate values in the spreadsheet. I'm not clear about the instruction to place the columns at the end as I assume the procedure is simply to delete all but the thee columns.
Quote:
6- save it as a txt , again using commas as separators - ?????

See above.

If you are still not clear on this you will have to wait for Nando to put together his tutorial.

MacPro 8core 32GB Radeon 5870
OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion, XP32, Win 7x64
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
ravoneldar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: From DWG to MESH... a trick Reply with quote

Sorry but there aren't any LIN_ in my 3d script text document. I guess I should change PLANE_ or I made a mistake. Please people I need this information for starting my project. Could anyone make mesh the document which I've sent?

Mac Os X 10.6.6

AC 13, 14
NandoMogollon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: From DWG to MESH... a trick Reply with quote

a couple of comments:

The DWG provided by Ravoneldar is a different kind of topographic file: instead of having contour lines with heights, contains 3D planes with heights as well.

But it serves a good example:

The main difference in the process is that instead of finding LINE_ statements you will find PLANE_ statements. Nevertheless you still have the information you want: ---X---, ---Y---, ---Z--- values for each point.

The TXT created with this DWG requires a bit more of "cleaning" before you save the final TXT for import into Archicad.

I'll try to find the time to explain this later... in a more "Human" way

Regards

Screen shot 2011-01-31 at 9.18.49 AM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  57.05 KB
 Viewed:  816 Time(s)

Screen shot 2011-01-31 at 9.18.49 AM.png

www.nandomogollon.com
www.openBIMer.com
mail@nandomogollon.com
@openbimer
Now in Australia!
Revit 2017, ArchiCAD 20 AUS,
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger   LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
ravoneldar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: From DWG to MESH... a trick Reply with quote

could you please send the .pln file to my e-mail?

It's ravoneldar@gmail.com

I need it so much!!!

Mac Os X 10.6.6

AC 13, 14
NandoMogollon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: From DWG to MESH... a trick Reply with quote

ravoneldar wrote:
could you please send the .pln file to my e-mail?

It's ravoneldar@gmail.com

I need it so much!!!

I try not to do baby sitting when helping others. Nevertheless this is not an "out-of-the-book" procedure so I can offer you a deal:

Here is the TXT file you will need to create your Mesh, it is important for you to try to understand the procedure. Then you do your mesh.

The procedure to obtain this TXT file was:
1- Open the DWG as an Object
2- Copy the 3D script and Paste it into a simple text editor like Notepad/Textedit
3- Save it as TXT
4- Open the TXT in MS Excel
5- Clean the content in order to obtain separate columns with X,Y,Z values
6- Save it again as (the final)TXT

TERRAIN DATA.txt.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TERRAIN DATA.txt.zip
 Filesize:  4.09 KB
 Downloaded:  912 Time(s)

www.nandomogollon.com
www.openBIMer.com
mail@nandomogollon.com
@openbimer
Now in Australia!
Revit 2017, ArchiCAD 20 AUS,
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger   LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
ravoneldar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: From DWG to MESH... a trick Reply with quote

NandoMogollon wrote:
I try not to do baby sitting when helping others. Nevertheless this is not an "out-of-the-book" procedure so I can offer you a deal:

Here is the TXT file you will need to create your Mesh, it is important for you to try to understand the procedure. Then you do your mesh.

you're absoloutly right. I'm sorry for bothering you but i'm trying this stuff for days. The problem was I had nothing to get an example. Anyway I have an example right now. Thank you for helping me again.

And I know how to do it now. I got my mistake. It was commas and so many numbers after the point.

Mac Os X 10.6.6

AC 13, 14
View previous topic :: View next topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Tips and Tricks >>> From DWG to MESH... a trick All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: