Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Construction Documentation >>> Help - door marker/ID not showing in floorplan in AC 15
View previous topic :: View next topic
dan the drafty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Help - door marker/ID not showing in floorplan in AC 15 Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Just installed AC15 - have a minor problem that any custom door dimension markers/ID`s are not showing up on my floorplan.

Open the same job in AC14 & they are there.

I`m sure its a simple fix, checked the model view options & layer setting etc but can`t seem to work it out. Embarassed

Suggestions anyone?

SOFTWARE: Archicad 11/12/13/14/15/16, Vista Business
PROCESSOR: Intel Core2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz
MEMORY: 2GB DDR2 PC4200 667Mhz Ram
GRAPHICS: XFX PCI-Exp 8600GTS 256MB, 675Mhz, DDR3 @ 2.0Ghz Output graphics
dan the drafty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: Help - door marker/ID not showing in floorplan in AC 15 Reply with quote

Worked it out Cool

It is all to do with the new renovation tool. When opening an existing AC-14 drawing in AC-15 all the building elements seem to be automatically put on the "Existing Status" layer with in the Renovation Tool - when I changed the wall with the door to be on the "New Status" layer the door marker appeared Rolling Eyes

Laura Yanoviak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Help - door marker/ID not showing in floorplan in AC 15 Reply with quote

dan the drafty wrote:
Worked it out Cool

It is all to do with the new renovation tool. When opening an existing AC-14 drawing in AC-15 all the building elements seem to be automatically put on the "Existing Status" layer with in the Renovation Tool - when I changed the wall with the door to be on the "New Status" layer the door marker appeared Rolling Eyes

I've found the default to "Existing" to be very frustrating -- it seems to me a default to "New" would cause fewer surprises when migrating to AC15.

AC15 US (4056) AC16 US (4010) AC17 US (5019) on Mac OS X 10.8.4
dan the drafty

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Help - door marker/ID not showing in floorplan in AC 15 Reply with quote

Laura Yanoviak wrote:
dan the drafty wrote:
Worked it out Cool

I've found the default to "Existing" to be very frustrating -- it seems to me a default to "New" would cause fewer surprises when migrating to AC15.

Yep something so simple yet took me 2hrs to figure out Rolling Eyes Every new version release seems to be the same - it takes a week to iron out all the little issues with existing jobs

leporello

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: Help - door marker/ID not showing in floorplan in AC 15 Reply with quote

Same thing just happened here... and thanks to AC talk for helping understand why my markers weren't showing up.

What is the recommended best practice workflow when designing non-renovation projects? Set all elements to "existing"? or to "new"? Or does it matter as long as one is aware of what reno filter is currently in play?

Riiiiv

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Help - door marker/ID not showing in floorplan in AC 15 Reply with quote

dan the drafty wrote:
Yep something so simple yet took me 2hrs to figure out Every new version release seems to be the same - it takes a week to iron out all the little issues with existing jobs

It's just take me 15 min for the first time to figure out why my team member wall materials shown different on 3D (it's being on Override Renovation Status) but it's enough to make me look stupid ! Sad

leporello wrote:
Same thing just happened here... and thanks to AC talk for helping understand why my markers weren't showing up.

What is the recommended best practice workflow when designing non-renovation projects? Set all elements to "existing"? or to "new"? Or does it matter as long as one is aware of what reno filter is currently in play?

Hi leporello,
I think GS know about that, and their recommendation also shown on "Help", just don't know why they didn't make it default.

Other Renovation Tips & Tricks & Best Practices on ArchiCADwiki will answer your questions. Many thanks to the AC Community ! Very Happy
www.archicadwiki.com/Renovation

Renovation Best Practice.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  220.11 KB
 Viewed:  540 Time(s)

Renovation Best Practice.jpg

Solibri Model Checker V9
Intel Core i7 16GB RAM
NVIDIA Geforce GTX650Ti
Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Doug Heslop

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Help - door marker/ID not showing in floorplan in AC 15 Reply with quote

Thanks all for ironing out the issue somewhat. It took me a lot longer than 15 minutes to find the answer. My window dimensions now show up in orange as a trace reference and I am running in circles trying to find combinations and layers that may allow these to show.
Has anyone found how to fix this? Many thanks if you can at all help

screen grab.pdf
 Description:
Truly irritating but no doubt simply fixed (I hope)

Download
 Filename:  screen grab.pdf
 Filesize:  37.04 KB
 Downloaded:  199 Time(s)

s2art

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: Help - door marker/ID not showing in floorplan in AC 15 Reply with quote

Doug

Door marker display is set in your Model View Option settings (under Document> Set Model View> Model View Options) where you will need to set Door Options: to Show on Plans, with Markers. It could be that the view your Trace Reference is displaying is set to show markers, but your current view is not.

Add your Archicad version and computer specs to signature in your profile (link above) as "results may vary".

AC17 5005 NZE
AC16 4010 NZE
AC15 3898 NZE
AC11, 12, 14
OS X 10.8.5 - 27" iMac 3.2GHz Intel Core i5 - 8GB DDR3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website   Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) 
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Construction Documentation >>> Help - door marker/ID not showing in floorplan in AC 15 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: