Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Products >>> Problems with ArchiTerra 3...
View previous topic :: View next topic
Dale

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Problems with ArchiTerra 3... Reply with quote

I recently updated an ongoing large project file (56MB .pln file, ±140K polygons) from AC14 to AC15, in order to take advantage of the new BimX functionality. I had used Cigraph's ArchiTerra 3 (for the first time) fairly heavily on the site mesh with good results.

After moving the project to AC15, I could no longer open the mesh in 3D, just endless beach-balling and an eventual forced quit. Not sure what happened in the transfer. Tried to re-save and import in various ways without success.

After swallowing hard, I spent the better part of the morning re-doing the ArchiTerra 3 site work from scratch in AC15. After completing the work, I noticed the file size had bloated to 260MB. I'm aware of a past AC bug with rapidly growing file size based on library parts being saved in the "binary" mode...not sure if this may be related to that issue.

Any ArchiTerra users out there that have seen this behavior before, or have any ideas on where to turn?

Thanks!

AC16 (3482 USA FULL)…and just testing the AC18 waters
BimX, MEP, EcoDesigner, Piranesi v6, Artlantis Studio 4

iMac 3.06 GHz w/16GB OS10.8.2
Fabrizio Diodati
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Problems with ArchiTerra 3... Reply with quote

Hi Dale,

of course I should see your file in order to help you...
Anyway what I can say without doubts is that ArchiTerra doesn't save any object in binary mode.
The tools used to modify the terrain are parametric objects so they are not created but just inserted with the proper parameters setting (so no object creations during the terrain modification).
The only object saved by ArchiTerra (BTW in the embedded library) is the one used to display contour lines and color depth, but in this case is a GDL object (you can open it and verify my words).

Friendly
Fabrizio

= = =
Cigraph Factory Srl
phone +39 041 932388
fax +39 041 920031
= = =
e-mail fabrizio.diodati@cigraph.com
www.cigraph.com
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Products >>> Problems with ArchiTerra 3... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: