Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Installation / New User / Getting Started >>> Install 2 versions of ArchiCAD 16 with different hotfix?
View previous topic :: View next topic
stefan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Install 2 versions of ArchiCAD 16 with different hotfix? Reply with quote

I have AC16 with Hotfix 2 installed. This is the same Hotfix as we use on our BIM Server and the current available hotfix for the Belgian/Dutch release.

To be able to participate in Ecodesigner Star, you need to update to a newer hotfix (3) which is not available for our localized version and will disconnect me from our local BIM server.

Can you install ArchiCAD a second time and apply the hotfix on that version?

http://bit.ly/17u87df
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
JaredBanks
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Install 2 versions of ArchiCAD 16 with different hotfix? Reply with quote

You should be able to. In the old days we'd just copy the whole folder and that'd give us a second installation.

However you get the 2 versions of 16 on your machine, when you go to use the hotfix, it gives you a prompt to select which ArchiCAD you want updated. Which means you should be able to update one but not the other.

ArchiCAD 17 and 18 US Latest Hotfixes / Updates
Mac OS X 10.10 | Mac Book Pro | 2.4GHz Intel Core i7 Quad Core | 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website   Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Rafal SLEK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Install 2 versions of ArchiCAD 16 with different hotfix? Reply with quote

I've installed successfully this Hotfix-3 on my two working versions (POL and INT) + BIMserver changing folder only. So this should work also for Dutch/Belgian version too.
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Installation / New User / Getting Started >>> Install 2 versions of ArchiCAD 16 with different hotfix? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: