Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIMx >>> Bimx AC 18
View previous topic :: View next topic
Don Lee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Bimx AC 18 Reply with quote

In AC 18 I used Save As for a simple Bimx model. Works fine and I am able to "fly" except the mouse doesn't work like it does in ArchiCad. I am unable to aim my viewpoint (as in a FPS game.)

I did download a model of one of the online examples and the mouse works fine there. What am I doing wrong?

thanks!

Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Bimx AC 18 Reply with quote

Is it the parallel/perspective view?
F8 is the keyboard shortcut.

Barry.

Don Lee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Bimx AC 18 Reply with quote

Hi Barry:

No, it is in the perspective view. The parallel view doesn't seem to work at all.

Everything seems to work (WASD, c and space bar) except the mouse,

thanks

Don Lee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Bimx AC 18 Reply with quote

Ok, so I think I have fixed the problem. First, I discovered that when you press escape to show the menus, the keyboard controls will work, but the mouse will not. I don't know why that would be the case, but it is.

I remade the model in AC 17 and the mouse seemed to work better, but I wasn't quite sure as it was still erratic. Then I tried another mouse and that made no difference. Finally, I found the mouse settings under Settings (I thought they would have been under Controls) and turned the inversion on and off. And that seems to have fixed the problem! At least for the moment. Apparently, no one else has had any navigation issues in Bimx?

I use the fly mode in AC a lot when designing and have always been frustrated by the speed adjustment which seemed to be either very, very slow or way too fast. I was really surprised to find that the speed adjustment in AC18 was much better. What a difference a small thing like that can make in your everyday use!

David Maudlin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Bimx AC 18 Reply with quote

Don Lee wrote:
I discovered that when you press escape to show the menus, the keyboard controls will work, but the mouse will not. I don't know why that would be the case, but it is.

The mouse is needed to choose between the various settings. If the mouse was active for the model navigation, you couldn't get it back to the settings area, or it would be controlling navigation and settings choice at the same time.

David

AC21 USA+MEP iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 | 24 gb ram MacBook Pro 2.5GHz | 16 gb ram OSX10.10.5
Don Lee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Bimx AC 18 Reply with quote

Hi David:

Now that you explain it, it makes complete sense! Not sure why I had to fool with the mouse inversion settings to get it to work, but it does, so all is fine.

thanks,

Don

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIMx >>> Bimx AC 18 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: