Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIM Managers >>> Object and Surface Internal Collaboration Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
Erika Epstein

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Object and Surface Internal Collaboration Reply with quote

The folder, without changing it to an lcf file is the first option I suggested. The lcf, with the additional step, the second.
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
kittonian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Object and Surface Internal Collaboration Reply with quote

You did mention "saving the folder as an LCF" in your first response, but I did not understand that you meant, just use Library Manager and add the root folder where all your objects reside instead of adding an LCF file.

For anyone else reading through this post, here is the step-by-step so there is no confusion as to how to accomplish this:

1. Open Library Manager
2. Click Add
3. Choose the folder containing all your sub-folders and objects
4. Reload your libraries

Now, whenever you make a change (i.e. add/remove an object, update an object, add/remove a folder, etc), you don't even need to close the project you are working on. Simply bring up Library Manager and reload.
David Maudlin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Object and Surface Internal Collaboration Reply with quote

kittonian wrote:
Simply bring up Library Manager and reload.

There is also a Reload Libraries command available, for reloading libraries without opening the Library Manager.

David

AC21 USA+MEP iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 | 24 gb ram MacBook Pro 2.5GHz | 16 gb ram OSX10.10.5
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIM Managers >>> Object and Surface Internal Collaboration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: