Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIM Managers >>> Surface with different vectorial hatchings
View previous topic :: View next topic
Gerard Leonor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Surface with different vectorial hatchings Reply with quote

not sure if this has been asked before, but i was wondering if there was a way to set up one Surface (say a paint colour, Dulux Vivid White) with multiple vectorial hatchings. If i use that one colour on a concrete tilt panel, i'd like to associate the "Render" fill for it's vectorial hatching. if i used the same colour on an external fibre cement sheet, i'd like to not have a vectorial hatch, or use the "Empty Fill" fill type.

is there a way to set this up? or do i have to have multiple Surfaces with the same paint colour just to have different vectorial hatchings?

Is there a way around this? i hate to use a 2D fill just to make this look decent. i don't want to go back to the pre-vectorial hatching days of manually editing fills (or at least knowing the existence of such a tool). -shudders-

thanks.

alemanda
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Surface with different vectorial hatchings Reply with quote

Just duplicate the surface and assign a different vectorial hatch
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Gerard Leonor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Surface with different vectorial hatchings Reply with quote

thanks. i've done that before. but i wanted to ask if anybody else has found another way of doing it & have avoided a large list of duplicate surfaces with small differences.
Erwin Edel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Surface with different vectorial hatchings Reply with quote

You could 'model' the panels by substracting small gaps from it, but that seems even more time consuming.

We work with the multiple surfaces as well. Sometimes even duplicates of the same excact same surface to stop elements from 'melting together' in views where we want a separator line to show.

The list is still quite manageable though. We have a pretty bare needs template, with the library of cinerender materials available to import any specific needs.

ArchiCAD 9-20 NED FULL
BIMx
Windows 10 Pro 1607 / OS X Sierra
Adobe Design Premium CS4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Surface with different vectorial hatchings Reply with quote

Unfortunately there is no other way to solve this than by duplicating Surfaces.
This is because the Vectorial Fill applied is a parameter of the Surface definition. So you need to create a Surface definition with a Vectorial Fill applied and one without it applied.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
17.3" (1920x1080), NVidia GTX 460M
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
AC13-AC21 (64-bit, latest build)
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
Erwin Edel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Surface with different vectorial hatchings Reply with quote

I did submit a wish for a way to transfer individual sub-settings from surfaces to our local reseller that sort of ties into this. With cinerender you can have such intricate detailed settings for so many parameters it is a pain to replicate for example the reflection settings of one material onto another (say you want the same gloss effect on a painted and blank lacquer surface, or just on a wood boarding and painted surface).

ArchiCAD 9-20 NED FULL
BIMx
Windows 10 Pro 1607 / OS X Sierra
Adobe Design Premium CS4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIM Managers >>> Surface with different vectorial hatchings All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: