Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIM Managers >>> Addition of 10 or 12 digit numbers after material names
View previous topic :: View next topic
Michael Boreskie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Addition of 10 or 12 digit numbers after material names Reply with quote

Please refer to attached file. What is causing the addition of 10 or 12 digit numbers after material names?

Thanks for the assistance.

Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 2.14.16 AM.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  112.48 KB
 Viewed:  118 Time(s)

Screen Shot 2016-03-15 at 2.14.16 AM.png

Mac Pro (Mid 2010), 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon, 12 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC, ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB

Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Addition of 10 or 12 digit numbers after material names Reply with quote

I would be guessing this is a file created before version 17 - before Building Materials existed.
When you open this file in 17, or later then Archicad will automatically create these new Building Materials and gives them a 9 digit code after the name.
The BMs are based on your current wall composites, complex profiles, favourites and default tool settings.
The 9 digit number actually means something based on pen colours, priority strength and some other info from the source they are created from - I can't remember exactly what but it doesn't really matter.

You may also get the same numbers after composites line types and fills if Archicad has to create new ones automatically.

What do you do with them?
Just ignore them unless you are trying to set up a standard template.
But make sure the properties of these new BMs are what you want them to be - i.e. some may have no strength setting.

Barry.

s2art

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Addition of 10 or 12 digit numbers after material names Reply with quote

When we were first instructed on migrating older files we were told to do the following if you have several materials which should be the same:

- Rename one of the materials to the original name (without the numbers)
- Select all others of the same name and delete
- You will be asked if you want to "delete" or "delete and replace with… "; select "delete and replace with" and select the original material name, anything that used the material copy will now use the one you have selected as your original.

As Barry mentioned you may have to adjust priority strength.

AC20 5025 NZE
HP Envy Notebook + 27"
Intel i7-6500 2.5GHz, 16GB RAM, Windows 10
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIM Managers >>> Addition of 10 or 12 digit numbers after material names All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: