Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> General Wishes >>> I wish I had a smaller dongle.
View previous topic :: View next topic

What's your opinion about this wish?
Essential (5)
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Important (4)
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Average (3)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not important (2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not needed (1)
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Average: 3.20 points
Total Votes : 5

Gus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject: I wish I had a smaller dongle. Reply with quote

My dongle is too big.
I wish I had a dongle that was flush (or as close to flush as possible) with my laptop.
I have a dongle for another application that is flush, which allows me to move my laptop in and out of it's carrying case without having to remove the dongle.
Flush dongle means you don't need to remove it all the time, especially when working on the go as I usually am.

EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
ejrolon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: I wish I had a smaller dongle. Reply with quote

Any reason for not switching to the Software License option and ditching the dongle altogether?
AC21US -> AC08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Gus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Re: I wish I had a smaller dongle. Reply with quote

I thought about doing that. Can I still run the software if there is no internet near me if I do that?
ejrolon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: I wish I had a smaller dongle. Reply with quote

You should ask your reseller to make sure but I think that is the way it works. My ideal setup would be to have the software license with the dongle as a backup if something goes wrong with the SL.
My recommendation is that if you don't change computers then SL is a good option if you switch between Desktop and laptop then dongle might be easier.

AC21US -> AC08
Gus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: I wish I had a smaller dongle. Reply with quote

Also, there are problems with the internet based license. It is more difficult to move it from one computer to another. A dongle is an easy physical movement if one switches computers. I do this occasionally. It seems the best of both worlds would be the convenience of the dongle, without the cumbersome size of the dongle. It seems like the dongle could be very small and still be effective.
ispyridis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject: Re: I wish I had a smaller dongle. Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
Also, there are problems with the internet based license. It is more difficult to move it from one computer to another. A dongle is an easy physical movement if one switches computers. I do this occasionally. It seems the best of both worlds would be the convenience of the dongle, without the cumbersome size of the dongle. It seems like the dongle could be very small and still be effective.

Wibu systems already has nano models of the CmStick it is just that GS is not using them. I don't know the reason why. I've already asked the local distributor and got a negative answer.

image.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  203.46 KB
 Viewed:  92 Time(s)

image.png

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> General Wishes >>> I wish I had a smaller dongle. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: