Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Hardware >>> Archicad and files on separate HDD partitions?
View previous topic :: View next topic
jake_h03

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:33 am    Post subject: Archicad and files on separate HDD partitions? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of cleaning up and reorganising my PC.
I'm using a Dell XPS 15, running windows 10 with a 1TB hard drive.

Currently, everything is saved to the C Drive, but my understanding is that I should be creating a separate parition on my hard drive for all my data, so that I will have one partition (C) for the windows operating system, apps and programs, then another partition for archicad files, documents, photos, videos, music etc.

Is this best practice? Are there any advantages/disadvantages from having archicad reading files from a different partition to the one it is operating on? Where do most of you store your archicad files?

Any input is appreciated

shtarkel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Archicad and files on separate HDD partitions? Reply with quote

Yes, best practice is to use another logical partition or drive to store your files.
There are no disadvantages, only advantages when backing up or in a chance of a failure Wink

SSD and quadro 600.
LCD Dell u3011 2560x1600 pixels.
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Hardware >>> Archicad and files on separate HDD partitions? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: