Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Hardware >>> Pan with scroll wheel button on Mac? (in AC10)
View previous topic :: View next topic
Doug Coe

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Pan with scroll wheel button on Mac? (in AC10) Reply with quote

I took a class in AC10 and they showed us (on Windows) how we could click and hold the scroll wheel button on the mouse to Pan.

It doesn't work on my Mac with my Contour Mouse (programmable). I tried setting a keyboard shortcut for Pan and then entering that in the mouse software setup for AC10 for the third button. No go. The third button still shows the Trim cursor.

Anyone gotten this to work on a Mac with a 3-button mouse?

Once again, thanks for any and all help.

MacBook Pro 2.7Ghz Intel Core i7 / 16 GB RAM / Mac OS 10.8.5
AC 13 USA Full / AC 7 USA Full
TomWaltz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Pan with scroll wheel button on Mac? (in AC10) Reply with quote

We're using Logitech 3-button mice (Logitech Wheel Mouse) and the center-mouse pan works fine.
Thomas Holm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Pan with scroll wheel button on Mac? (in AC10) Reply with quote

We use ordinary Microsoft Intellimice, without any special programming, just OSX built-in drivers. Pan with pressed scroll wheel works fine.
But if you need special drivers, I recommend USB Overdrive. I had a Contour mouse once, and USBOverdrive was the best.

Doug Coe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Pan with scroll wheel button on Mac? (in AC10) Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. I don't know what USB Overdrive means, but I'll look into it. I'd love to be able to Pan with the third button.

~/archiben

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Pan with scroll wheel button on Mac? (in AC10) Reply with quote

when using any third-party mice (rodents?) with a mac, never install the software that comes with them if you want to use it with archicad. as thomas has mentioned, the use of a piece of software called 'USB overdrive' allows you to re-program input device behaviour, however the default, generic drivers included with the OSX system itself have always worked well out-of-the-box as it were . . .

~/archiben

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Doug Coe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Pan with scroll wheel button on Mac? (in AC10) Reply with quote

I'll have to try uninstalling the software (driver) that came with it, I guess. A shame as it allows reprogramming the buttons for each application.

Thanks for the advice. I'll check it out.

Thomas Holm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Pan with scroll wheel button on Mac? (in AC10) Reply with quote

USB Overdrive:
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/7115

Quote:
A shame as it allows reprogramming the buttons for each application

USBOverdrive will too, and better. If you register and pay for it, that is. (If I remember correctly, the early Contour Mouse I had (no scroll wheel, just a "scroll button") used an early OEM-licensed copy of USB Overdrive. But as the developer added features to the "real" app, Contour refused to pay for the upgrades, and so I had to shell out anyway. I don't know if there is any relation left. I think UOD's developer cut the ties with Contour.)

Also, USBOverdrive is much better than Logitech's Mac mouse drivers.

But still, since OSX10.3.0 or something, I've got by with OSX's default drivers. (I can't remember what i programmed the fourth and fifth buttons to do anyway.)

zucoc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Pan with scroll wheel button on Mac? (in AC10) Reply with quote

is there by any chance an equivalent for
usboverdrive for pc?

i'm having problems with drivers on win xp.
it runs fine without the manufacturers drivers but then you cannot use the supplementary buttons.
g.h.design

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Pan with scroll wheel button on Mac? (in AC10) Reply with quote

Ditto,
my Logitech Setpoint driver is not working properly. (scroll zoom in 2D buggy)

I still wanna use my programable buttons though.

AC17-64 Win 8 64, Intel Core i7-2600k @ 4.8 GHz, 16G Ram, Nvidia 9600GT, SSD Samsung 840 EVO, 30" Dell 3007WFP
Gus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Pan with scroll wheel button on Mac? (in AC10) Reply with quote

Quote:
my Logitech Setpoint driver is not working properly. (scroll zoom in 2D buggy)

I still wanna use my programable buttons though.

Has anyone solved this yet?
I'm having the same issue.

EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Hardware >>> Pan with scroll wheel button on Mac? (in AC10) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: