Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIM Managers >>> updating template every version
View previous topic :: View next topic
Mo O'Connor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: updating template every version Reply with quote

Hi

I have a lot of window a door favorites saved on my templet I use to start new projects. The migration has certainly made things easier but I do end up using an older version of windows doors or having to go though manually and re save all my favorites.

Is there any downside to migrating my templet from the older version?

or any easy way to use the latest and transfer the settings without having to do it manually?

thanks

Erwin Edel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: updating templete every version Reply with quote

how about drawing one long wall, putting all your favourite windows / doors in the wall, copy + paste that wall in to the new template and use syringe to pick up the settings.

Library part migration should take care of recognising the new part.

ArchiCAD 9-20 NED FULL
BIMx
Windows 10 Pro 1607 / OS X Sierra
Adobe Design Premium CS4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Mo O'Connor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: updating templete every version Reply with quote

then inject the setting into the new version of similar window and save that as a new favorite?

that is actually what I had been doing before migration can along

Erwin Edel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: updating template every version Reply with quote

Not sure which library you were using before, but generally, you can swap out the old library for the new one and it will migrate the objects. After that you could save them again as favourites.

ArchiCAD 9-20 NED FULL
BIMx
Windows 10 Pro 1607 / OS X Sierra
Adobe Design Premium CS4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIM Managers >>> updating template every version All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: