Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Connection >>> Grasshopper and parameters Archicad object (array) ?
View previous topic :: View next topic
paradize

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject: Grasshopper and parameters Archicad object (array) ? Reply with quote

Whether communication of data is supported in the parameter of object Archicad that is an array (dim) Attempt of communication of data from a matrix real number to parameter Archciad object (array) ends with a failure Attempt of direct input in a parameter(array of real number) through input parameter real number ends with a failure
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Grasshopper and parameters Archicad object (array) ? Reply with quote

Your explanation is a bit short. Could you post a screenshot and a bit more detailed explanation? Maybe a screenshot of the Nodes network in Grasshopper?

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
17.3" (1920x1080), NVidia GTX 460M
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
AC13-AC21 (64-bit, latest build)
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
paradize

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Grasshopper and parameters Archicad object (array) ? Reply with quote

How to pass the array of values from the component of Grasshopper (integer or real or string type) in the parameter (that is an array) of object of Archicad 20 . On jpg file three attempts are shown . In all cases it results in crash archicad
leceta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Grasshopper and parameters Archicad object (array) ? Reply with quote

array type variables are still not supported in the connection.

You can try to output your lists (arrays) to a txt file, and then read them from GDL. I used this method succesfully to input a bunch of polycurves to archicad, in order to feed POLYROOF command.
paradize

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Grasshopper and parameters Archicad object (array) ? Reply with quote

leceta wrote:
array type variables are still not supported in the connection.

You can try to output your lists (arrays) to a txt file, and then read them from GDL. I used this method succesfully to input a bunch of polycurves to archicad, in order to feed POLYROOF command.
Possibility record from GH in a file (txt, csv) and then reading from a file in GDL, that I use too, in this case me does not interest. At the active change of data in GH you must check to create a new file with rewrite, to bring in data of difficult structure. In ACE you must check a file for existence, to open him, count data of difficult structure etc. It is an only method while, but work with files it is not work with arrays. It is sorry.
leceta

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Grasshopper and parameters Archicad object (array) ? Reply with quote

the process of writing the txt file from gh could be automatized with python if necessary, and then, you would need to "rebuild and regenerate" in ACH... thats a pitty.

Wich is the nature of your data, why did you say its of "difficult structure"? Arrays structures are pretty simple, just two dimensional...

in my experiment with croof, i used a bunch o polylines, each of them has different number of points, and this could be managed automatically by the script with Buffer Manipulation...

in short, the process of regeneration, was quite "automatized", but the array variables support its a necessity, i am agree. I guess they are working on this feature.

good luck!
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Connection >>> Grasshopper and parameters Archicad object (array) ? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: