Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Sustainable Architecture >>> EcoDesigner to PHPP Passivhaus
View previous topic :: View next topic
DGSketcher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: EcoDesigner to PHPP Passivhaus Reply with quote

Anybody using the inbuilt EcoDesigner software in v20 to export into Passivhaus assessment spreadsheet/software?

I have an associate who is Passivhaus certified but not skilled in 3D modelling; I'm trying to find out if EcoDesigner can communicate in a meaningful manner or do I have to invest in the Star version or is there any other recommendations to get AC to deliver the required data.

Erwin Edel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: EcoDesigner to PHPP Passivhaus Reply with quote

If you set up the energy model (which takes some time and requires special zoning as I recall), you can export to PHPP from the Energy Model Review. There's a little arrow next to Start Energy Simulation where you can choose different file formats.

I haven't done this since it was added to ArchiCAD17 I believe and that was during an update course. Hopefully someone more experienced can add tips and experiences.

ArchiCAD 9-20 NED FULL
BIMx
Windows 10 Pro 1607 / OS X Sierra
Adobe Design Premium CS4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
DGSketcher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: EcoDesigner to PHPP Passivhaus Reply with quote

I did create a very basic single room model which as you say takes some setting up, although I assume things would speed up with experience. What concerned me was the output on first attempt didn't convey much reassurance as to the content but to be fair it was just a couple of hours messing. What I need is confidence that if I put the time in, will I see any benefit or should I just say to my associate "Here's a set of element / part schedules, you work it out!".

As you say, hopefully someone else has already been down this road that can share their experiences of meeting Passivhaus standards?

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Sustainable Architecture >>> EcoDesigner to PHPP Passivhaus All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: