Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Cooperation Wishes >>> Copy and Paste in 3D Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic

What's your opinion about this wish?
Essential (5)
70%
 70%  [ 35 ]
Important (4)
22%
 22%  [ 11 ]
Average (3)
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Not important (2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not needed (1)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Average: 4.58 points
Total Votes : 50

dv_chris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Copy and Paste in 3D Reply with quote

Voted essential. Such a simple, yet fundamental thing, as intuitive as breathing for every other piece of software I can think of. Even if it has to be restricted to copy/paste between the SAME software and the SAME project structure/story levels, etc. that would cover a large percentage of cases.
This was originally requested in 2005, so this year we're coming up for the ninth anniversary...

Haiku

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Copy and Paste in 3D Reply with quote

there is workaround. - In 3D mode, select the whole model(or parts you wish), then group them. Go to 2D plan view, and select one of the grouped elements(it will select the whole group) then ctr-c and paste into the new archicad instance in plan view again... there you go. Just fix the story heights, elements visibility and you should be ok.
dv_chris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Copy and Paste in 3D Reply with quote

I suspect Karl, who originally posted this wish, would disagree with you Haiku, partly because of the problems inherent with your own statment, "Just fix the story heights, (etc.)"

If you read through the earlier posts, Karl says,
Quote:
"In this wish, the elements can be on multiple stories (sort of the point of working in 3D, actually). Even if elements were selected in plan, we would not know which plans (plural) were involved ... and AC can only select elements on one plan view at a time anyway. "

Paul King

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Copy and Paste in 3D Reply with quote

I would like to even copy and past within the same project in 3D! (for example copying elements scattered across a number of stories)

ArchiCAD 8-21
Artlantis Studio 6
Octane Render Plugin for ArchiCAD
Windoze 10
Intel Core i7 4770K
Nvidia Gforce GTX 980 (x2) + GTX780 (x2)
16 Gb DDR3
42" monitor + 32" monitor dual screen display
Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: Copy and Paste in 3D Reply with quote

Paul King wrote:
I would like to even copy and past within the same project in 3D! (for example copying elements scattered across a number of stories)

You can't use copy & paste in 3D (not sure why not) but don't forget you can drag copies in 3D.

It would also be nice if we could 'save selection as module' in 3D as well as in plan, as that would allow us to merge the module into any file.
But I guess this has potential storey issues which is why it can't be done.

Barry.

Paul King

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: Copy and Paste in 3D Reply with quote

Barry Kelly wrote:

You can't use copy & paste in 3D (not sure why not) but don't forget you can drag copies in 3D.

Barry.

Yes drag a copy is my current workaround - which means I have to drag it back into position as a second operation if I want to do the equivalent of copying & pasting in place (eg for producing multiple complex 3D facade design variations, each on a new layer)

ArchiCAD 8-21
Artlantis Studio 6
Octane Render Plugin for ArchiCAD
Windoze 10
Intel Core i7 4770K
Nvidia Gforce GTX 980 (x2) + GTX780 (x2)
16 Gb DDR3
42" monitor + 32" monitor dual screen display
rikerj

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Copy and Paste in 3D Reply with quote

Graphisoft, please fix this. I understand the work around, but there needs to be a way to copy and paste 3d objects from one file to another. This is more essential to working in 3d than any new improvements you may be cooking up. Please let us all know when we can expect this fix that was requested over 10 years ago. Thanks.
Brainmaniac

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Copy and Paste in 3D Reply with quote

You have my essential vote. It is incredibly annoying that this is not implemented yet... Please Graphisoft, make this happen ASAP!
Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:17 am    Post subject: Re: Copy and Paste in 3D Reply with quote

I was going to suggest to "Save Selection as Module" then place in a new file and explode if necessary.
But that only works from a selection in 2D (plan) which defeats the purpose.

Barry.

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Cooperation Wishes >>> Copy and Paste in 3D All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: