Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Annotation Wishes >>> Level Dimension to Reference Level (sea level) Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic

What's your opinion about this wish?
Essential (5)
86%
 86%  [ 38 ]
Important (4)
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Average (3)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Not important (2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not needed (1)
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Average: 4.77 points
Total Votes : 44

Keyvin P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Level Dimension to Reference Level (sea level) Reply with quote

I too struggled with this, but the work around is really quick.
I place the level dimensions, gravitating to the mesh. At this point they are referencing the project zero.
Using Find & Select, I select all level dimensions.
Then, add to the selection a level dimension text box, (shift click)
(this changes the info box settings to "level dimension text settings")
Change text from "measured value" to custom and use the "altitude" autotext. All level dimensions will change.
dv_chris

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Level Dimension to Reference Level (sea level) Reply with quote

Voted essential.
I'd also like to add the ability to choose the altitude from sea level as the readings on the Elevation and Section Story lines (is there a workaround already??). These days more councils are requiring drawings to be submitted with levels to AHD (Australian Height Datum - ie. height above Sea Level)

David Maudlin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Level Dimension to Reference Level (sea level) Reply with quote

dv_chris wrote:
I'd also like to add the ability to choose the altitude from sea level as the readings on the Elevation and Section Story lines (is there a workaround already??).

The Built-In Story Marker has this.

David

Elev_Marker_Story_Level_Ref.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  22.92 KB
 Viewed:  356 Time(s)

Elev_Marker_Story_Level_Ref.gif

AC20 USA+MEP iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 | 24 gb ram MacBook Pro 2.5GHz | 16 gb ram OSX10.10.5
dv_chris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Level Dimension to Reference Level (sea level) Reply with quote

Arrrgh. Thanks David. I never dreamed switching to Story Marker AUS 17 would be a BACKWARDS step!? That's my reward for wanting to set up a template with the newest possible settings. Sheesh.
Achille Pavlidis
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Level Dimension to Reference Level (sea level) Reply with quote

Keyvin P wrote:
I too struggled with this, but the work around is really quick.
I place the level dimensions, gravitating to the mesh. At this point they are referencing the project zero.
Using Find & Select, I select all level dimensions.
Then, add to the selection a level dimension text box, (shift click)
(this changes the info box settings to "level dimension text settings")
Change text from "measured value" to custom and use the "altitude" autotext. All level dimensions will change.

Why this is still unresolved???

Keyvin P: I'm trying to do what you have suggested but I can't...

Aki Hirvikangas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: Level Dimension to Reference Level (sea level) Reply with quote

Let's celebrate the 8th anniversary for this wish. I've just learned to use favorites and I want save level dimension with sea level height to our office template. But I can't. Sad
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Annotation Wishes >>> Level Dimension to Reference Level (sea level) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: