Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Connection >>> Big slowdown during transfer to ac
View previous topic :: View next topic
martineide

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Big slowdown during transfer to ac Reply with quote

Hi!

First of all i just want to say its super awesome that grasshopper is implemented into archicad!

I have a question concerning slowdown. I am quite new to grasshopper so I descided to make a really simple start with grasshopper-archicad. All i am doing is creating geometry which i then use move to copy around on a big grid. These geometries are then simply made into morphs with archicad materials. In archicad i then make them into objects.

Grasshopper has no problem in doing everything, including the copying of all the geometry with move command, but the second i activate archicad connection and start the morphs everything slows down alot!

Its not that its not working and its not crashing the computer, but it tells me that i cant take this further when it comes to detailing.

Are there any ideas?

Im sending a screenshot of one of the geometry move into morph chains(which the file then contains alot of)(I use a union when there are more elements,,, for some reason this seemed to work best)

Please tell me if there are some seriously stupid things in my little setup.

It might be that there are just too many of these instances I here show.

Im running ac 20 btw

laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Big slowdown during transfer to ac Reply with quote

I have reported this issue to GRAPHISOFT and today I received the information that this bug is being fixed and it will be working fine in the next update which is coming soon (no exact date was mentioned).

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

AMD Ryzen 1700X 3.4 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 RAM
28" (2560x1440), NVidia GTX 1060 6GB
500 GB NVMe SSD, WIN10 PRO ENG
AC13-AC21
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
martineide

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Big slowdown during transfer to ac Reply with quote

Great! thanks for reply and help!
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Connection >>> Big slowdown during transfer to ac All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: