Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Construction Wishes >>> Morph Tool - Extrude along 3d path
View previous topic :: View next topic

What's your opinion about this wish?
Essential (5)
77%
 77%  [ 28 ]
Important (4)
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Average (3)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not important (2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not needed (1)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Average: 4.78 points
Total Votes : 36

kombibob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Morph Tool - Extrude along 3d path Reply with quote

Experimenting with the new MORPH tool, i've noted the 'TUBE' function to extrude a face along a path, however it seems to require selecting face and then the subsequent nodes of the path sequentially and then in straight segments.

Is would be very useful to define the path in space in advance and then extrude face along that path, say by using the magic wand tool.

Intel Quad Q6600@2.40GHz.
wastzzz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Morph Tool - Extrude along 3d path Reply with quote

kombibob wrote:
Experimenting with the new MORPH tool, i've noted the 'TUBE' function to extrude a face along a path, however it seems to require selecting face and then the subsequent nodes of the path sequentially and then in straight segments.

Is would be very useful to define the path in space in advance and then extrude face along that path, say by using the magic wand tool.

agree. formerly a Sweep tool. What Archicad misses now are a few basilar nurbs commands. Shell a morph is even more important than that
Erwin Edel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Morph Tool - Extrude along 3d path Reply with quote

I've just spend an hour drafting a swept profile for a 'bell' shaped facade (classic dutch wooden style). Now I want to move a node 50 mm and can't figure out how to change the path after completing the morph. Having to painstakingly click the 30 nodes of the path again (not to mention the frustration of trying to get the arcsegments correct). This sort of defeats the purpose of the tool.

I've gone back to using the profiler addon and using SEO additions for when the sweep goes around a bend into another plane.

I hope this gets fixed with ArchiCAD 17.

ArchiCAD 9-20 NED FULL
BIMx
Windows 10 Pro 1607 / OS X Sierra
Adobe Design Premium CS4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Achille Pavlidis
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Morph Tool - Extrude along 3d path Reply with quote

Is this still pending???
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Construction Wishes >>> Morph Tool - Extrude along 3d path All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: