Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Libraries / Library Parts / GDL >>> Where do favorites parameters settings get stored?
View previous topic :: View next topic
John Stanford

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Where do favorites parameters settings get stored? Reply with quote

I tried to set favorites parameters to be consistent across multiple users on different workstation, i have tried to save the work environment settings and load it on the other machines with no luck, does anyone here has any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
-John

Windows 10 Home
i7 6700HQ 2.6~3.4GHz
NVIDIA GTX 980M 4GB
32 GB RAM
James B
Graphisoft

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Where do favorites parameters settings get stored? Reply with quote

Favourite Parameters are stored as a user preference on a users local machine. To get consistency between multiple workstations, you'll need to modify each individually - then when applying Favourites the same settings will transfer.

EDIT: in AC20, you can import and export as XML to get consistency. Thanks for the reminder Laszlo.

Last edited by James B on Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Where do favorites parameters settings get stored? Reply with quote

I might misunderstand something but I thought Favorites Parameter exclusion rules can be exported/imported. From the Favorites Palette, click the Additional Settings button and select the Favorites Parameters option.
Then at the bottom of the appearing Dialog you can use the import/export buttons.
Isn't this what you are looking for?

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
17.3" (1920x1080), NVidia GTX 460M
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
AC13-AC21 (64-bit, latest build)
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Libraries / Library Parts / GDL >>> Where do favorites parameters settings get stored? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: