Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Cooperation Wishes >>> In place module editing Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic

What's your opinion about this wish?
Essential (5)
70%
 70%  [ 66 ]
Important (4)
24%
 24%  [ 23 ]
Average (3)
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Not important (2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not needed (1)
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Average: 4.65 points
Total Votes : 93

Olivier Gras

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: In place module editing Reply with quote

This is really a must, as you can't have as many files open as you have for combinations of modules, if you want to use them for design options.
Keith JAW

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: In place module editing Reply with quote

I've been trying to edit 'in place' (in release 12), but with some strange results. If I 'save selection as a module', with the box ticked to convert the replace the selection with hotlinked module file, then that module is not really 'there'. If I try and copy it to another location, the copy goes somewhere other than where I place it, and next time I open the drawing my original module has disappeared off the face of the earth also. Something to do with the origin, I guess, but not really helpful if you want to edit the module in its original location.

Surely this behaviour isn't intended? Is it a bug? Is it fixed in Release 13?

Archicad Ver 19 on Mac OSX 10.9.5
lardizabal

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: In place module editing Reply with quote

We are at 2010 and ArchiCAD still don´t have this in place module editing.
Really essencial.

ARCHICAD 21 INT

https://www.behance.net/PaperArchitect
mzex

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: In place module editing Reply with quote

Why am I not able to edit module in place?
I have 10 modules, and when I take one, break connection and change it and than I rewrite original module, but archicad doesn't want to update other 9 modules. it notifies me that there is change in that module, but after update nothing is changing and that notification remains.
TMA_80

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: In place module editing Reply with quote

Just to bump this wish. it a kind of a feature ( or a feature enhancement ) that could help a lot of us , I think. Please GS
Gergo Jankovics

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: In place module editing Reply with quote

I AGREE 'cause:

modules are generally project-specific

I suppose generally for non project-specific objects GDL-object is a good choice

Example:
actually I am using modules in hotel design, separate modules for different types of bathrooms and other modules for the rest of the room. (In an other hotel project these modules wouldn't be used.)
A chair in the room is a GDL-object, this can be used in any other project...

Problem with external module-files:
all the attributes (layers, layer combinations, pens, materials, layered structures, etc.) AND saved views (for different scales and floor plan, ceiling plan, etc.) need to be created identically in each separate module files and in the mother-file too, where these modules are placed.

Solution proposed:
Module file should be incorporated in project file (PLN), as all attributes and saved views should be in common in modules and the "mother" where they are placed.
In my experience s module files doesn't contain a huge amount of data. It's value is in multiplication of a smaller unit.

Best wishes for all of you,
[/i]

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Cooperation Wishes >>> In place module editing All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: