Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Open ARCHICAD Wishes >>> Archicad API for GH publicly available
View previous topic :: View next topic

What's your opinion about this wish?
Essential (5)
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Important (4)
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Average (3)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not important (2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not needed (1)
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Average: 3.75 points
Total Votes : 4

leceta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Archicad API for GH publicly available Reply with quote

Hi,

is it planned to make public the API you are using to develop grasshopper components? This would open to the user community the option to develop custom ArchiCAD/GH components and hopefully speed-up the components ecosystem creation...

I presume the existence of a wrapped C++ library to C# or some .Net compatible language to make possible the communication between Grasshopper and ArchiCAD, but probably IŽam being quite naif here (IŽam noob in programming)...

Anyway, and open API in .net for ArchiCAD (al least if this is technically possible) would be fantastic.

cheers
aitor
mikas

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Archicad API for GH publicly available Reply with quote

I am no programmer either, but I think grasshopper programming interface is open allready. Please check links.
GH Guide
GH API

leceta

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Archicad API for GH publicly available Reply with quote

Sure, I meant to expose the archicad API (in C++) wrapped to some .Net language in order to us, the community, be able to use it directly in grasshopper for the development of new components.

I know this could be a lot of work, but hey, just wishing...
Aaron Bourgoin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Archicad API for GH publicly available Reply with quote

how do you marry C# and C++/ i a development environment?

Wouldn't .NET cripple Mac/Windows compatibility? Aren't DLLs the reason that many GH plug-ins don't work on the Mac version?

View user's profile Send private message    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
leceta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Archicad API for GH publicly available Reply with quote

mmhh cant say too much about the details, but grasshopper is in fact developed in .NET, and still runs in Macs based ion Mono project. .NET is definitively cross platform, at least that said the advertisement ; )

http://www.mono-project.com/

It seems also that this dll problem is somehow solved by mono project

http://www.mono-project.com/docs/advanced/pinvoke/dllmap/

About the not working plugins of grasshopper on mac, not sure about the reason as long as I am windows user... Maybe the reason is that Rhinocommon for Mac is still in WIP. Just guessing...

Anyway, as I said, iŽam not an expert programmer by no means, so iŽam not seeing the whole picture, for sure...
ejrolon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: Archicad API for GH publicly available Reply with quote

Rhino for Mac is not WIP.
To use Grasshopper in Mac you need the WIP Mac version, since GH is WIP

AC21US -> AC08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
leceta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Re: Archicad API for GH publicly available Reply with quote

I suggest also this other forum https://discourse.mcneel.com/
for this specific topic
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Open ARCHICAD Wishes >>> Archicad API for GH publicly available All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: