Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Presentation - Rendering and Multimedia >>> Select Visible in 3D Window?
View previous topic :: View next topic
Gus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Select Visible in 3D Window? Reply with quote

I'm wondering if there is a way to select only that which is visible in a 3D Window, not including objects that are within the view cone but behind other objects. My reason for wanting to do this is so that I can export 3D scenes that I want to render with as view objects as possible to make rendering faster. Any ideas out there on how to do this kind of thing? If not, then this would be a great wishlist item.
EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Erwin Edel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Select Visible in 3D Window? Reply with quote

Not as you described, but you can make 3d custom cutting planes easily in plan view. If you save the camera, show it in plan view you can see the viewport angles and cut away that which falls outside. I would recommend making the cutting planes slightly wider angle than the camera. You should only need two planes that meet just behind the camera to be safe.

ArchiCAD 9-20 NED FULL
BIMx
Windows 10 Pro 1607 / OS X Sierra
Adobe Design Premium CS4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Gus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:21 am    Post subject: Re: Select Visible in 3D Window? Reply with quote

Stupid Question, but probably has an easy answer:
I can't figure out how to save a 3D Window View as a camera (so that I might create a movie out of multiple cameras, and do other things).

EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
mikas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Select Visible in 3D Window? Reply with quote

When you are in 3D window view:
View - 3D Navigation Extras - Put A camera into the path

It seems that you can't save a camera with right mouse click from organizer or navigator palette, though one would think maybe you should be able to.

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Presentation - Rendering and Multimedia >>> Select Visible in 3D Window? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: