Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Connection >>> Creation of custom GDLobjects directly in GS
View previous topic :: View next topic
Coty82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Creation of custom GDLobjects directly in GS Reply with quote

Hello, i know we can access and manipulate the parameters of an existing object from within Grasshopper.
I was thinking that it would be amazing if full GDL 3D Objects could be created directly in GS together with their parameters and then sent to Archicad just like other BIM elements. That would be a type of visual GDL connection and would be a huge feature. There is the Rhino to GDL convertor already but can we add more intelligence to the 3D objects like dimension parameters and more?
Will this be possible to add this feature in a future release of Rhino-GS connection or is it in your wishlist? Thanks!
leceta

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Creation of custom GDLobjects directly in GS Reply with quote

I have no idea about the technical/effort implications of such a feature, but this would signify a rebirth for GDL.

My most passionate 1+ to this wish.

Now, coming back to the earth, I suspect that Graphisoft has already considered this, and:

a.-for some reason is not viable : (
b.-they are already working on this, or has plans to do so.
Coty82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Re: Creation of custom GDLobjects directly in GS Reply with quote

This is exactly what i was thinking of but to be applied to every other type of gdl objects like windows, curtain wall elements, doors, etc.
Grasshopper parameters that stay dynamic in smart objects.

https://youtu.be/-w04bGUOV8c
Coty82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Creation of custom GDLobjects directly in GS Reply with quote

I wonder if is technically and legally possible for a 3rd party developer to create a kind of Grasshopper- GDL translator/convertor?
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Connection >>> Creation of custom GDLobjects directly in GS All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: