Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Schedules >>> Merge uniform items length problem!
View previous topic :: View next topic
Markit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Merge uniform items length problem! Reply with quote

Hi there!

Is it possible in any way to merge uniform items in schedules with different length (as it is calculating with volumes or areas, for ex. see attached pics.), so I get just a summary length of all the items?

Thanks ahead!)

AC20 INT 5025 | Intel Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3492 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (1024 MB) | 16 gb RAM | Apple Cinema HD Display 23-inch | W10
David Maudlin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Merge uniform items length problem! Reply with quote

Markit:

Yes. In the Scheme Settings > Fields, add the Sum sign "∑" to the values you want to total.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

AC21 USA+MEP iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 | 24 gb ram MacBook Pro 2.5GHz | 16 gb ram OSX10.10.5
Markit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Merge uniform items length problem! Reply with quote

David Maudlin wrote:
Markit:

Yes. In the Scheme Settings > Fields, add the Sum sign "∑" to the values you want to total...

David

Thanks, that is clear, but I'm asking about Merge Uniform Items check box, there is a problem with length value. It is possible to merge items with different volume or area values, but I'm confused how to merge items with different length.

AC20 INT 5025 | Intel Core i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3492 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (1024 MB) | 16 gb RAM | Apple Cinema HD Display 23-inch | W10
David Maudlin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Merge uniform items length problem! Reply with quote

Markit:

From the Help files: (User Interface Reference > Dialog Boxes > Format Options (Interactive Schedule):

Merge Uniform Items: If this checkbox is active, identical items will be grouped in the schedule in a single record. If it is inactive, all items will be listed individually.
Items are uniform if the values of their fields are identical (e.g. same element type, surface, orientation). If the only difference between two elements is their area or volume, they are still considered uniform.

So it looks like there is not an option for merging items with different lengths.

Thanks for adding the signature.

David

AC21 USA+MEP iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 | 24 gb ram MacBook Pro 2.5GHz | 16 gb ram OSX10.10.5
Markit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Merge uniform items length problem! Reply with quote

Thanks! I've read the help files before about area or volume grouping. Just wondering why there is no possibility to merge items by length, as this is the same value as an area or volume.

So seems that if I have to calculate and show on the specifications layout just the total length of all my sidewalk borders (for ex.) the only way to do this is to cut my schedule view on the layout? And if the number of my borders will change, I will have to do this again...and again

Maybe somebody knows another solution?

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Schedules >>> Merge uniform items length problem! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: