Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Problems >>> ArchiCAD 20 Object Search Doesn't Always Work
View previous topic :: View next topic
jameshart

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: ArchiCAD 20 Object Search Doesn't Always Work Reply with quote

Hi,

Several people in our office have noticed an annoying intermittent problem. Sometimes when we go into the object tool settings dialog and search for an object (such as "WC" for WC 20 or "Cab" for any of the cabinets), no results are found. (In these cases it doesn't even search online even though I have selected the to search online in the search options menu.) Now I know these items exist in the ArchiCAD 20 library because I can find them myself after doing some digging.

This was not an issue in AC18, is this related to some new feature or change in ArchiCAD 20? Has anyone experienced this or know whats going on?

Thanks!

Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD 20 Object Search Doesn't Always Work Reply with quote

I am not seeing this problem but I am Windows and not Mac.
I was wondering if the search criterial was too short but as I say it is working for me.

However I am getting an error message from BIM Components at the moment (see attached image).

Barry.

BIM_components_error.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  37.36 KB
 Viewed:  28 Time(s)

BIM_components_error.jpg

jameshart

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD 20 Object Search Doesn't Always Work Reply with quote

Barry, did you get that error yesterday?

Yesterday, around noon Mountain Time (I think) I was having a hard time downloading objects from bimcomponents.com. The download just kept timing out. They must have been having server issues or something? I was able to download the object later in the day.

Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD 20 Object Search Doesn't Always Work Reply with quote

Yep, it is working again fine now.

Barry.

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Problems >>> ArchiCAD 20 Object Search Doesn't Always Work All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: