Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Problems >>> Keyboard shortcuts failure
View previous topic :: View next topic
anto_bg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Keyboard shortcuts failure Reply with quote

The following bug shows up repeatedly with any version of ArchiCAD. No matter how many times I re-start the program, sometimes the keyboard shortcuts do not function. In this particular case, I have been trying to drag the element by pressing CTRL + D and then CTRL again to copy it but the CUT option appears any time I press the CTRL key. Please let me know I can fix this issue. Thank you!
vistasp
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Keyboard shortcuts failure Reply with quote

Welcome to this forum anto_bg. Do you, by any chance, have sticky keys turned on?

Provided you haven't changed the default ARCHICAD shortcuts, a quicker way to drag a copy would be to use Ctrl+Shift+D.

http://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
http://www.btsquarepeg.com

| AC 9-21 INT | Win10 | i7 4770 | 16 GB | Quadro K620 |

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website   Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
David Collins

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Re: Keyboard shortcuts failure Reply with quote

Switching keyboard languages from English to Cryllic will kill the shortcuts.
I've also recently had this problem from time to time when I switch the keyboard language from English to Greek and then back to English. I think its a Windows 10 issue. I haven't figured out how to fix that yet.

anto_bg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: Keyboard shortcuts failure Reply with quote

Thank you both for your suggestions!
I think the root of the problem are the keyboard languages. I was switching constantly between English and Cyrillic. It's an ongoing issue. It used to happen with the older versions of Windows as well.

grand106

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Keyboard shortcuts failure Reply with quote

- Open "Regedit" in the Windows start menu
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\GRAPHISOFT\ARCHICAD-64\ARCHICAD-64 19.0.0 INT R1\KeyMode Shortcuts registry key and change the value of it from 0 to 1

Now AC will take the keyboard button pressed down disregarding the actual input character.

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Problems >>> Keyboard shortcuts failure All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: