Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Construction Wishes >>> Complex Profiles for linear arrays
View previous topic :: View next topic

What's your opinion about this wish?
Essential (5)
75%
 75%  [ 3 ]
Important (4)
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Average (3)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not important (2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not needed (1)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Average: 4.75 points
Total Votes : 4

Constantin Cozma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Complex Profiles for linear arrays Reply with quote

I think Graphisoft could enhance the complex profile manager to create arrays of vertical profiles in horizontal distributions. I had this ideea while looking at the Profile Builder add-on for Sketchup.

The custom complex profile manager would have the option to multiply the vertical profiles based on patterns and spacings.

This would become a real complex system that would allow us to create custom railings, roofs, studs, vertical folded sheets, wall framings, etc.
Everything drawn in section and easy to update.
Coding should not be so hard. The column complex profiles just needs parametric multiplication rules.

Last edited by Constantin Cozma on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:58 pm; edited 6 times in total
DGSketcher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Arrays of sub-elements inside Complex Profile tool Reply with quote

Not used it, but it does look like a clever piece of programming. Sometimes wish that AC had library parts with that level of sophistication.
Constantin Cozma

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject: Re: Complex Profiles for linear arrays Reply with quote

I think the new Railing tool does much of what i was thinking of Smile
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Construction Wishes >>> Complex Profiles for linear arrays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: