Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIM Managers >>> Teamwork
View previous topic :: View next topic
IVANA Djuranovic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Teamwork Reply with quote

Hi,
I started using teamwork in ArchiCAD 20. I work on one project with two of my friends. We dont't know how to unlock everything in file for everyone.
For ex. I can work in all storys but my friends can't select, move, change enything. Then they sent me a request to give them a premissin, I do that, then I can't do enything.
Do you know a fix? Thanks
View user's profile Send private message    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Teamwork Reply with quote

You might want to check what Role those other users are assigned to in BIM Server. They may have a View Role, which does not allow editing. You may have to assign them a different role.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

AMD Ryzen 1700X 3.4 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 RAM
28" (2560x1440), NVidia GTX 1060 6GB
500 GB NVMe SSD, WIN10 PRO ENG
AC13-AC21
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
allanp

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Teamwork Reply with quote

IVANA Djuranovic wrote:
Hi,
I started using teamwork in ArchiCAD 20. I work on one project with two of my friends. We dont't know how to unlock everything in file for everyone.
For ex. I can work in all storys but my friends can't select, move, change enything. Then they sent me a request to give them a premissin, I do that, then I can't do enything.
Do you know a fix? Thanks

The answer is no

In teamwork only 1 person can own something.

Most of the time you leave everything unreserved unless you need to work on an element. once you have finished editing things, release them.

Only reserve things that you want to edit, when you need to edit them.

This removes the request process.

Assign task to people in the team to avoid conflicts of what you need to work on.

This has work successfully since the old teamwork days.

This is why large companies have BIM managers to plan out how files work, to allow file structures to be designed to allow large teams to work without constant requests. (not a big problem in modern teamwork)

GDL from Blocks to Nurbs
Apple from Mac Classic to iMac
Windows from 3.11 to Windows 10
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIM Managers >>> Teamwork All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: