Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Libraries / Library Parts / GDL >>> how to create a fill section for a (morph) object Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
B.E.A.T.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: how to create a fill section for a (morph) object Reply with quote

the GSM test-object (complete object is much more complex, parametric and so on...)

TEST-solids_gsm.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TEST-solids_gsm.zip
 Filesize:  1.91 KB
 Downloaded:  8 Time(s)

www.offbeat.be
Archicad 20 BE
B.E.A.T.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: how to create a fill section for a (morph) object Reply with quote

Nobody?

I understand the 3D script quite well, but the 2D scripting is still somewhat mysterious... Does every object need a full 2D script?

Any tips to understand this better (help files, guides, ...)?

Thanks (and apologies for bumping, but I really want to finish this object...)

www.offbeat.be
Archicad 20 BE
Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: how to create a fill section for a (morph) object Reply with quote

I haven't had a look at this but just wanted to point out that a section view is not a 2D view.
Sections and elevations show what is in your 3D script.
The 2D script is only for the plan view.

Barry.

B.E.A.T.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: how to create a fill section for a (morph) object Reply with quote

Thx for the reply Barry!

that is what I thought, and that is why I figured out that the reason for not seeing a section fill has to do with the object not being 'solid'...

So bottom line: are only prisms and primitives "capable" of being solid within GDL?

www.offbeat.be
Archicad 20 BE
Erwin Edel

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: how to create a fill section for a (morph) object Reply with quote

I think your script is missing some... BODY Cool (yeahhhhhhh)

All jokes aside, take a look at the BODY command. It should combine all those primitives into a solid, if memory serves. GDL reference guide page 139 and onwards.

ArchiCAD 9-20 NED FULL
BIMx
Windows 10 Pro 1607 / OS X Sierra
Adobe Design Premium CS4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: how to create a fill section for a (morph) object Reply with quote

B.E.A.T. wrote:
Thx for the reply Barry!

that is what I thought, and that is why I figured out that the reason for not seeing a section fill has to do with the object not being 'solid'...

So bottom line: are only prisms and primitives "capable" of being solid within GDL?

Primitives are only surfaces so unless they form a closed form they can not be solid.

I just created a couple of quick morphs and deleted the face on one.
This of course creates an empty box.
When save as an object the closed one is solid but the empty box is not.

If you look I the GDL manual all the 3D shapes can be solid but the trick is you must give the MODEL SOLID command before scripting them.

You can also make them MODEL SURFACE (in which case they will be empty inside) or MODEL WIRE (in which case they will just be edge lines).

The primitive elements are just 2D planes but if put together to form a fully enclosed shape they can be solid - but only with the MODEL SOLID command first.

Hope this helps a bit.

Barry.

solid_objects.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  70.09 KB
 Viewed:  5 Time(s)

solid_objects.jpg

B.E.A.T.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: how to create a fill section for a (morph) object Reply with quote

Great info guys! Will test as soon as possible!

Barry: I did similar tests, but didn't find the piece of cod that made the difference

Erwin: the actual script is much longer and had the "body" command. I probably made a misstaken in it somewhere...

PS: wonderkind how the BM-option in GDL for AC21 will simplify the representation of objects in 2D/3D...

www.offbeat.be
Archicad 20 BE
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Libraries / Library Parts / GDL >>> how to create a fill section for a (morph) object All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: