Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Developer Forum >>> ArchiCAD API and Visual Studio 2015 Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
mvallee

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD API and Visual Studio 2015 Reply with quote

Here is what I see

screenshot.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  116.74 KB
 Viewed:  70 Time(s)

screenshot.png

Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD API and Visual Studio 2015 Reply with quote

Ralph Wessel wrote:

The AC21 dev-kit is available on the beta website – perhaps you didn't spot the location (it's a bit subtle). In the Download area, click on the Download dev-kit link.

I don't have that link on my beta Download page ... did a page search for 'dev' to make sure I wasn't just missing it, and no matches. (I don't need access - but based on what you and Akos said, I should have had access since I'm both beta and dev.)

Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD API and Visual Studio 2015 Reply with quote

mvallee wrote:
Here is what I see

Our fault, please try again.

Sorry, Akos
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD API and Visual Studio 2015 Reply with quote

Karl Ottenstein wrote:
Ralph Wessel wrote:

The AC21 dev-kit is available on the beta website – perhaps you didn't spot the location (it's a bit subtle). In the Download area, click on the Download dev-kit link.

I don't have that link on my beta Download page ... did a page search for 'dev' to make sure I wasn't just missing it, and no matches. (I don't need access - but based on what you and Akos said, I should have had access since I'm both beta and dev.)

Hi Karl,

These are two different systems, so we have to set the developer status on the beta page manually. You are all good now.

Best, Akos
mvallee

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD API and Visual Studio 2015 Reply with quote

Thanks to all of you, I managed to download the dev-kit, and everything compiles properly with VS2015.
Just have to learn now !

Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD API and Visual Studio 2015 Reply with quote

Thanks, Akos!
stefan

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD API and Visual Studio 2015 Reply with quote

This does introduce a new complexity when supporting multiple AC-versions (Win/Mac, 19, 20 & 21). But I believe that moving to a newer Visual Studio is for most people an improvement Wink

We are currently preparing an AC21 add-in for a client. It's mostly working now, although quite some things shifted so our AC20 add-in suffered a bit.

ArchiCAD Since 6.o - http://bit.ly/17u87df
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD API and Visual Studio 2015 Reply with quote

stefan wrote:
This does introduce a new complexity when supporting multiple AC-versions (Win/Mac, 19, 20 & 21). But I believe that moving to a newer Visual Studio is for most people an improvement Wink

We are currently preparing an AC21 add-in for a client. It's mostly working now, although quite some things shifted so our AC20 add-in suffered a bit.

Hi Stefan,

You can set VS2015 to use the VS2010 toolset (only if you have the VS2010 tools installed); that may take some of the pain away.

Best, Akos
stefan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD API and Visual Studio 2015 Reply with quote

My colleague (who does the development) had quite a struggle initially with Visual Studio setup. To have the 2010 tools (for AC20 and earlier) it was more fail-safe to install VS2010 before VS2015.

I'm the Mac guy and only support some of the development for my colleagues, so I try to avoid installing too much tools.

ArchiCAD Since 6.o - http://bit.ly/17u87df
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Developer Forum >>> ArchiCAD API and Visual Studio 2015 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: