Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Student Forum >>> .mde File Extension? - Archicad 19 Educational version
View previous topic :: View next topic
AnnaPetrou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: .mde File Extension? - Archicad 19 Educational version Reply with quote

Hi there, I'm a fairly advanced user but have returned to university am using an educational version for my studies. At work, I often use a workflow using modules. For some reason, the educational version of Archicad publishes modules as .mde file extension instead of a .mod extension. I could work around this, but that file type actually isn't an option when you're trying to place modules. I can change the extension manually in explorer and the modules work fine, however if I am regularly publishing and updating modules this is an inefficient workflow. Is there any way to publish .mod files out of the educational version?
ejrolon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: .mde File Extension? - Archicad 19 Educational version Reply with quote

If you are using the EDU version you cannot (and should not by license agreement) share info with the "Pro" version.
The question is if you are using Modules for your EDU projects and if the AC (EDU version) cannot read them because the extension is MDE instead of MOD. If this is the case then, besides that being a BUG of the EDU Version, you should use regular PLN's as Module files instead. With this you should be able to keep everything working smoothly.
I don't have my EDU version installed right now so I cannot verify that I am correct.

AC21US -> AC08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
stefan

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: .mde File Extension? - Archicad 19 Educational version Reply with quote

IIRC, the EDU version can only hotlink EDU module files. You cannot mix and match commercial PLN files or MOD files with regular ones, although you should be able to import them and save them as EDU format (not the other way around).

ArchiCAD Since 6.o - http://bit.ly/17u87df
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Student Forum >>> .mde File Extension? - Archicad 19 Educational version All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: