Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Schedules >>> Schedule of objects - impossible to annotate previews?
View previous topic :: View next topic
123abs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Schedule of objects - impossible to annotate previews? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I would like to make schedules of the furniture in a project directly from our model. This is ArchiCAD 20 INT.

The furniture has been made from morphs turned into into GDL-objects, and I have set up a schedule that lists the objects with ID, 3D axo, front and side views.

I need to annotate these previews with dashed lines and measures to give the necessary details. But when I press "Annotate" the element preview window shows just a grey shape, with no contour lines, so I have to guess every mouse movement. And nothing I annotate seems to become visible in the schedule. After clicking "OK" to save the annotations, I return to the schedule with no changes visible. However, when I click "annotate" again, the annotations are still there.

Another problem is that the previews seemed to display as a simplified version of the 3D surfaces. Can this be changed or overridden somehow? Black/white would be ideal.

Do anyone have experience with this, or solutions? I would really like to use the model functionality of ArchiCAD to produce drawings easier, and if that doesn't work, I might just as well be working in AutoCAD.

Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Schedule of objects - impossible to annotate previews? Reply with quote

123abs wrote:

Another problem is that the previews seemed to display as a simplified version of the 3D surfaces. Can this be changed or overridden somehow? Black/white would be ideal.

To lose the colour you need to set up a Graphic Override combination that turns the background fill pen to transparent (0).
Then make sure you save your schedule view with this GO combination.

I didn't seem to have any trouble with the annotation.
I could snap to nodes and add dashed lines so I am not sure what is happening there for you.

Barry.

laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Schedule of objects - impossible to annotate previews? Reply with quote

123abs,

Could this be a graphics card driver problem? In any case you can update your graphics driver to the latest version just to get that possibility out of the way.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

AMD Ryzen 1700X 3.4 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 RAM
28" (2560x1440), NVidia GTX 1060 6GB
500 GB NVMe SSD, WIN10 PRO ENG
AC13-AC21
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
123abs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Schedule of objects - impossible to annotate previews? Reply with quote

laszlonagy, Barry Kelly,

I'm not sure which of these fixed the issue. I reinstalled the newest graphics driver, and nothing changed initially.

But then I enabled a new graphical override for cover fills of all elements (not just objects) before I made a new identitcal schedule, and that seemed to fixed the issue. Don't know why it affected the dimensions and annotations, but now that works as well.

Thanks!

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Schedules >>> Schedule of objects - impossible to annotate previews? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: