Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Installation / New User / Getting Started >>> HELP!! AC Software license lost?!
View previous topic :: View next topic
bbradsby

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: HELP!! AC Software license lost?! Reply with quote

So... we have a new MacBook Pro laptop on OSX 10.12.6 running AC20 great for a week after OS updated from 10.12.5. The machine is one month old.

Then yesterday AC20 crashed when the zoom tool was used - symptom: many parallel lines across the workspace window, and total freeze-crash of the app. Forced quit and restarted AC. Same result and symptom. So we shut down the Mac and attempted restart - which failed! The OS never loaded, in regular or even safe mode. Very unhappy.

Next day, Apple Store got it to boot up, but had to partition the hard drive and reinstall the OS to get it to start up and boot the OS. OK, but very curious if this was a proper fix.

Now the worst part - the ArchiCAD license was downloaded on this machine when it crashed, and now its lost. I'm the administrator of the license, but its not available to me on my Mac using GS License Manager Tool. And the now running new MacBookPro also cannot find the license.

The license is either damaged or trapped on the other Mac's damaged hard drive partition! I can't get any work done! How can I get my license back?!

Thanks much for any help!

AC20
MacBook Pro
Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: HELP!! AC Software license lost?! Reply with quote

Contact your local distributor and they should be able to work their magic and release the license for you to access again.
Or so I believe - I still use the codemeter keys.

Barry.

bbradsby

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP!! AC Software license lost?! Reply with quote

Barry Kelly wrote:
Contact your local distributor and they should be able to work their magic and release the license for you to access again.
Or so I believe - I still use the codemeter keys.

Barry.

Thanks. Yes, I've reached out to them, and hope the solution is fairly procedural.

AC20
MacBook Pro
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Installation / New User / Getting Started >>> HELP!! AC Software license lost?! All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: