Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIMx >>> BIMX & Oculus Rift Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic
SenecaDesignLLC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: BIMX & Oculus Rift Reply with quote

laszlonagy wrote:
The newest BIMx update is now released and it supports Google Cardboard VR on smartphones.

so excited! but i just opened my first model and its my biggest and it just freezes

it finally loaded, but then i had no control it just kept walking forward

Getting the hang of it is hard, its got a little bit of a flicker when walking but for the first release this is some next level stuff.

ZenoA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: BIMX & Oculus Rift Reply with quote

Josh Cuthbertson wrote:
Hey all!

Well we bit the bullet and bought an Oculus Rift package that included a rift ready PC. We went with the Alienware X51. Our sole purpose was exploring our Archicad models with clients.

Needless to say after months of reviewing work flow examples, we had the rift up an running and an Archicad model to explore within a day. It was really easy!

Archicad 18 > Save as .skp or .obj > save file to flash drive.
Moved the flash drive to the Windows PC (We're an all apple office)
Download / install IRISVR (free for now)
Open Iris VR > drag .skp file into Iris VR app

DONE.

It loaded the model and we were able to view / navigate our Archicad model. It brought in all of the correct materials and all. Downside was no lighting, but that can be figured out later. It was really sweet!

Did you find a way to bake ambient occlusion into the scene?
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIMx >>> BIMX & Oculus Rift All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: