Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Data Exchange and Information Sharing >>> ArchiCAD - Illustrator interoperability
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kenneth Brooks

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: ArchiCAD - Illustrator interoperability Reply with quote

A colleague with whom I work and uses Adobe Illustrator cannot select elements (lines, fills, etc.) in PDFs that I save/publish in ArchiCAD. He has no difficulty editing PDFs from other sources. What gives? Thanks.
Erwin Edel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD - Illustrator interoperability Reply with quote

Try printing to Adobe PDF printer, maybe that will work?

ArchiCAD 9-20 NED FULL
BIMx
Windows 10 Pro 1607 / OS X Sierra
Adobe Design Premium CS4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
runxel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD - Illustrator interoperability Reply with quote

He must first dissolve the generated clipping mask(s) for sure.
Karl Ottenstein

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD - Illustrator interoperability Reply with quote

If the suggested PDF tips below don't help... note that Illustrator can open DWG files... so you could always go that route...
Kenneth Brooks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD - Illustrator interoperability Reply with quote

Thanks, all. I just sent DWGs to my colleague to see if that may give better results. I resent the PDFs with "hairlines" checked, however, the issue appears to be some sort of "bounding box" or background that is attached to the PDF that accompanies the actual drawing, rendering it unusable. I have no experience with Illustrator, and he says it is a great deal of trouble for him to get rid of the "bounding box" issue.
runxel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: ArchiCAD - Illustrator interoperability Reply with quote

Kenneth Brooks wrote:
... however, the issue appears to be some sort of "bounding box" or background that is attached to the PDF that accompanies the actual drawing, rendering it unusable. I have no experience with Illustrator, and he says it is a great deal of trouble for him to get rid of the "bounding box" issue.

Like I already said:
Quote:
He must first dissolve the generated clipping mask(s) for sure.

No voodo magic here.

View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Data Exchange and Information Sharing >>> ArchiCAD - Illustrator interoperability All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: