Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> User Interface Wishes >>> Math operations in tracker
View previous topic :: View next topic

What's your opinion about this wish?
Essential (5)
80%
 80%  [ 16 ]
Important (4)
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Average (3)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not important (2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not needed (1)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Average: 4.80 points
Total Votes : 20

philips

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:03 pm    Post subject: Math operations in tracker Reply with quote

Note sure if it wasn't before.

It would be great to have a ability to enter value for move/copy/rotate/elevate/etc in the tracker using simple math operations like:

Code:
=124,5*3 enter
=620/7 enter
=136+87 enter
=1657-589

Even more, when using multiply and division it could ask if you don't want to do a "Sketchup like" array, which is in my opinion an absolutely genius helper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noUdh8RYDRw

For me totaly essential.
rodut1112

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Math operations in tracker Reply with quote

UP
Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: Math operations in tracker Reply with quote

You can now for addition and subtraction but not for multiply and divide.

There is already a number in you tracker so all you have to do is move you mouse so the initial number is correct as your starting point, TAB to the figure you want to change if it is not the BOLD figure, then type what you want to add or subtract and then press + or -.
If you are finished then press enter or keep adding and subtracting to any of the figures by selecting it then typing a number with + or - after it.

The trick is you place the + or - after the figure you want to add or subtract and the number currently in your tracker is the base figure for the calculation.

Barry.

thompsonmp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Re: Math operations in tracker Reply with quote

This is one element I miss having moved from Revit.

Being able to enter calculations for a dimension meant I didn't need to pick up my calculator.

I also liked being able to enter feet and inches and for it to convert to mm and vice versa.

henryL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Math operations in tracker Reply with quote

This is absolutely essential. All text boxes containing numbers should be a calculator box.
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> User Interface Wishes >>> Math operations in tracker All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: