Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Hardware >>> Graphics card, New office Help?
View previous topic :: View next topic
henrybs14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Graphics card, New office Help? Reply with quote

Hi Guys

Could I please get some 2nd opinions on the Graphics card in the computer in my new office.

I've been speaking to my new manger about this card, and his IT man is saying this is the recommended card.
But honestly I can't find anything close to this graphics card unless I go back to archciad 18 recommended cards.

So the computer has a Radeon R7 200 Series Card (Can't seem to find a model number at all)
Archicad 18 recommends a R7 260x at the lowest point, But archicad 20 only suggests the R9 sereis.

Personally I've never used Radeon, but when I've used nvida gaming cards they just don't work in archicad.
Which is why I think I should be using a work station card not a gaming card.

Maybe people could give their experiences with gaming cards and their opinion on the level of this card in this computer? That way I can show this to the IT man and my manager.
I've mentioned that the computer is lagging, but I'm been told oh it might be something else other than the GPU, (I find this hard to believe)

Thank you
Matthew

P.S. Working in AC20, move to ac21 when it comes out.

CPU.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  43.41 KB
 Viewed:  10 Time(s)

CPU.png

henrybs14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Graphics card, New office Help? Reply with quote

GPU attached

GPU.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  33.31 KB
 Viewed:  9 Time(s)

GPU.png

Vahur

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Graphics card, New office Help? Reply with quote

Trust me! Workstation cards do not work much better comparing to gaming Nvidia cards. For ArchiCAD just take any gaming card witn 4+GB RAM.
My W8100 card is not working much faster comparing to GTX 670 in another machine in office. Just a little faster with huge models.

alemanda
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Graphics card, New office Help? Reply with quote

I decided to mount a NVIDIA Quadro K620 reading about it in the forum as best compromise between PRO and gaming cards ... so far it is perfect. With my previous machine I had a gtx660 and worked quite smootlhy as well ...
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Hardware >>> Graphics card, New office Help? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: