Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Products >>> BIM software for roadway design?
View previous topic :: View next topic
InForma

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: BIM software for roadway design? Reply with quote

I am interested in a serious, professional (open)BIM solution for roadway, railway... design.
It should be a serious software (like ARCHICAD), not an AutoCAD add-on or derivate (than it is not really BIM) that is able to communicate on high level (IFC) with other OpenBIM solutions.
A reccomendation from GS would be nice too. Wink

THANKS!
Dave Seabury

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: BIM software for roadway design? Reply with quote

Take a look at this

http://www.softree.com/

Not native to Archicad so in/out in dwg.

They will demo it with you on one of your projects.

David

InForma

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: BIM software for roadway design? Reply with quote

Thank you David, but that is not it at all.

DWG based communication is not BIM!

Quote:
I am interested in a serious, professional (open)BIM solution for roadway, railway... design.
It should be a serious software (like ARCHICAD), not an AutoCAD add-on or derivate (than it is not really BIM) that is able to communicate on high level (IFC) with other OpenBIM solutions.
InForma

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: BIM software for roadway design? Reply with quote

GRAPHISOFT?
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: BIM software for roadway design? Reply with quote

This is a user forum, so people from GRAPHISOFT rarely participate in the discussions. They are busy developing a program for us.

By the way, GRAPHISOFT is in the architectural design software field, I don't think they as a company should be asked to say what is a good and capable road design tool. I think one has to be pretty expert in a field in order to give official recommendations, and, as I said, road design is just not their field of operation and expertise.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
17.3" (1920x1080), NVidia GTX 460M
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
AC13-AC21 (64-bit, latest build)
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
InForma

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: BIM software for roadway design? Reply with quote

If you look at the names of Moderators, most of them are GRAPHISOFT people. This forum is exactly what they are (should be) looking at so they could develope the best program for us.

BTW, an architect is in the center of the building industry, so should be the tool that an architect use. The architects tool should be able to communicate with most of the other tools in the Industry on the highest possible level. This is why a software like ARCHICAD should be, and is the leader in BIM and OpenBIM philosophy. It means that GRAPHISOFT should be aware of most of the solutions in the field.

On the other hand, I am counting on the experience, that the users of ARCHICAD might have (themselves or by cooperating with different disciplines) with "Other Products". This time a "BIM solution for road design".

This is why I am posting this question here.
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: BIM software for roadway design? Reply with quote

It's OK, I was simply reflecting on you addressing GRAPHISOFT directly.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
17.3" (1920x1080), NVidia GTX 460M
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
AC13-AC21 (64-bit, latest build)
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Other Products >>> BIM software for roadway design? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: