Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Forum Related Issues >>> Stair Tool v21+
View previous topic :: View next topic
DGSketcher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Stair Tool v21+ Reply with quote

Just a suggestion. As the new stair tool in 21 is so complex and a popular topic it might be worth giving it a section of it's own for discussion?
ejrolon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: Stair Tool v21+ Reply with quote

Good idea. It can also include Railings
AC21US -> AC08
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Stair Tool v21+ Reply with quote

I will forward this to GRAPHISOFT, but personally I do not think it is needed.
Yes, there are an will be many questions about the Stair and Railing Tools, but then we can start thinking about other tools like the Morph Tool or the Roof/Shell Tool or the Curtain Wall Tool (if the Stair and Railing tool have their own forum, why don't these too?) and the forum may soon become too fragmented.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

AMD Ryzen 1700X 3.4 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 RAM
28" (2560x1440), NVidia GTX 1060 6GB
500 GB NVMe SSD, WIN10 PRO ENG
AC13-AC21
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
DGSketcher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Re: Stair Tool v21+ Reply with quote

You may be right Lazlo, but the complexity and potential of the stair & railing tools are way beyond the morph and roof/shell tools (for now!?). I think separating it out might help user's to see the full potential of the stair / rail tools and also help with their development. I think we are all pretty focussed on creating stairs just now but I do recall seeing someone's screen grab for a channel drain which clearly has nothing to do with stairs, it does however demonstrate the flexibility of the rail tool and how it can be leveraged in the modelling process.

I am sure the curtain wall tool also has a lot of untapped potential but it is hardly ever discussed these days. Perhaps if it was also highlighted as "special" in the forums it might be discussed more and explored as tool that can be used for things other than just a glazed wall. I have used it in the past for a timber floor but I do think it could be used for other things where single plane grids are required and encouraging that discussion should motivate GS to keep enhancing the tool.

dcerezo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Stair Tool v21+ Reply with quote

The heck with this, we just went back to V20. We lost hours this week trying to figure out this dumb stair tool. The AC20 version isn't perfect, but at least it was understandable....and had a DOWN arrow!

What a disappointment.

laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Stair Tool v21+ Reply with quote

dcerezo wrote:
The heck with this, we just went back to V20. We lost hours this week trying to figure out this dumb stair tool. The AC20 version isn't perfect, but at least it was understandable....and had a DOWN arrow!

What a disappointment.

So is it too late now to ask what the exact issue was?
I cannot help with the Down arrow, some GDL guru might be able to modify that GDL Object to make this available (I don't have the time for it now, sorry).
But if you have questions about the Stair/Railing tool I will try to answer them.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

AMD Ryzen 1700X 3.4 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 RAM
28" (2560x1440), NVidia GTX 1060 6GB
500 GB NVMe SSD, WIN10 PRO ENG
AC13-AC21
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Forum Related Issues >>> Stair Tool v21+ All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: