Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Construction Documentation >>> Avoiding interior shadows in elevations /sections
View previous topic :: View next topic
Joćo Matos

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Avoiding interior shadows in elevations /sections Reply with quote

Hi there!

I have a problem that is driving me crazy! I want to do an elevation of my building - that is, I want to show the interior of my building (section) while showing the elevations of the adjacent buildings (elevation).
The problem resides in the interior shadows; I want the exterior shadows to project onto my exterior walls, slabs and ceilings. However, at the same time, I don't want shadows inside my building, and that's what's happening now. The way I see it, I can only have shadows or no shadows at all.

I know I can copy an elevation /section and paste it above and therefore delete the unwanted shadows. I'd rather not use this method, because my project stops to be dynamic (if I make an alteration, it will not synchronize with my sections /elevations).

Is there a solution for my conundrum?
P.S.: I'm attaching a screenshot of the view in question

interior_shadows.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  411.39 KB
 Viewed:  39 Time(s)

interior_shadows.jpg

David Maudlin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Avoiding interior shadows in elevations /sections Reply with quote

Joćo:

One option is to create two elevations: one with shadows on and the other with shadows off. Place these two elevations on a Layout sheet, then adjust the borders of the two placed Views so they align, but the non-shadowed View shows for the interior and the shadowed View shows for the exterior.

David

AC21 USA+MEP • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro 2.5GHz | 16 gb ram • OSX10.10.5
Joćo Matos

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Avoiding interior shadows in elevations /sections Reply with quote

Thanks, I will try that method!
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Construction Documentation >>> Avoiding interior shadows in elevations /sections All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: