Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Working in ARCHICAD >>> Problem with scratch files
View previous topic :: View next topic
shtarkel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:09 am    Post subject: Problem with scratch files Reply with quote

I have a problem with my Archicad 11 scratch files!
The problem is that these files are occupying a lot of space on my HDD- 10 GB! The scratch files are in C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD Cache Folder\ArchiCAD 11.0.0 INT R1 and i don't know if I can delete them from my computer? Confused

Thank you!

ScreenHunter 1.jpg
 Description:
C:Documents and SettingsUserLocal SettingsApplication DataGraphisoftArchiCAD Cache FolderArchiCAD 11.0.0 INT R1
 Filesize:  109.75 KB
 Viewed:  216 Time(s)

ScreenHunter 1.jpg

Peter Clark

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with scratch files Reply with quote

If it's any help, the same folder on my computer only contains the .dat file, nothing else.

Speak to your reseller if you are concerned about the consequences of deleting them perhaps?

Matthew Lohden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with scratch files Reply with quote

Generally scratch files can be discarded with impunity. Just to be safe you can copy them to a CD before you toss them. The real question is why the software is not deleting them for you.

MacPro 8core 32GB Radeon 5870
OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion, XP32, Win 7x64
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
shtarkel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with scratch files Reply with quote

Thank you people! I deleted them and no problem occurs! Very Happy
justdhruv

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with scratch files Reply with quote

Why doesn't Archicad delete scratch files automatically. Daisydisk shows 57gb worth of scratch files
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Working in ARCHICAD >>> Problem with scratch files All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: