Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Documentation Wishes >>> Scheduling labels
View previous topic :: View next topic

What's your opinion about this wish?
Essential (5)
87%
 87%  [ 21 ]
Important (4)
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Average (3)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not important (2)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not needed (1)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Average: 4.88 points
Total Votes : 24

Matthew Lohden

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Scheduling labels Reply with quote

There has been a discussion going on here about how useful it would be to be able to schedule labels.

To my surprise I could find nothing about this here in the wish list.

Some pertinent entries:

Geoff Briggs wrote:
Another benefit of scheduling labels is the ability to run calculations within the label object. Since the IS cannot (currently) do anything with the values it spits out (other than summing columns) calcs could be performed in the label script then reported in the IS.

vfrontiers wrote:
3. I am still pushing for the ability to schedule LABEL OBJECTS... I see this [still, for the past 5years] as an IDEAL way to provide more "buckets" for information to stuffed into the BIM file. If GS can see the benefit of scheduling object components, then please don't leave out LABELS.

Of course there is also the long standing wish to schedule the labels that appear on a layout as this would make keynoting much more feasible.

MacPro 8core 32GB Radeon 5870
OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion, XP32, Win 7x64
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
phubbell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Scheduling labels Reply with quote

With a little down time on my hands, I started getting interested in doing keynotes to standardize my construction documents. I thought the best way would be to work directly in ArchiCAD using schedules. I could make a label object and have the schedule read it. Then I'd have the ability to make required changes within ArchiCAD without using Excel.

If a label is just a special condition of an object, why can't the schedule find them? For that matter, why hasn't graphisoft provided a keynote tool with interactive schedules to manage them? This would have been an easy and useful thing to add to AC14 which really needs more new features.

JaseBee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: Scheduling labels Reply with quote

For me this wish would be closely coupled with being able to schedule elements placed directly into sections/elevation/details ect. I would use this feature mostly as an auditing tool, as we don't typically do keynoting, to keep labels wording and details consistent across drawings and through project changes.

The benefits of scheduling labels would be severely limited if it couldn't include the labels placed outside the floor plan.
gpowless

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Scheduling labels Reply with quote

Cadimage Keynotes

Nothing compares. You can manage your keynotes & update at will.

Microsoft Windows 10
Archicad 21 USA Full

Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g
2-HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10
Archicad 21 USA Full
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Documentation Wishes >>> Scheduling labels All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: