Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> User Interface Wishes >>> Please add color back to AC20 user interface. Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic

What's your opinion about this wish?
Essential (5)
63%
 63%  [ 47 ]
Important (4)
20%
 20%  [ 15 ]
Average (3)
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Not important (2)
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Not needed (1)
8%
 8%  [ 6 ]
Average: 4.26 points
Total Votes : 74

Gus

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Please add color back to AC20 user interface. Reply with quote

ArchiCAD with Themes?!

It took a few days, but I figured out how all the new icons look, and I don't miss the old interface at all anymore. I do have 20/20 eyesight and relatively young eyes. I can see how a lack of contrasting color could be a problem as one's eyes get worse over time. It's a fact that the ability to view contrast degenerates over time. Since some like the current color scheme (and hopefully the ability to customize colors in the future), and some do not like the new color scheme, why not have "themes" like so many other software use? People could create color Themes and share them like they do with Work Environments, and Templates. I personally wish most that we could color our folders. With so many folders of views it would really be great if my most used ones could be a different color than the rest.

EliteBook8570W Corei7-3630QM@2.40GHz
QuadroK2000m RAM32 (2)250GBSSDs
4 Monitors Internet:4Up60Down
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
vasil4y92

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Please add color back to AC20 user interface. Reply with quote

WE WANT BLACK!!
Vahur

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Please add color back to AC20 user interface. Reply with quote

I have started a new project in AC20... I regret that already!
1. I spent at moment ~ 3x longer time than I usually do, but didnt finish it yet
2. After 8 hours of work my eyes are red and "sandy"
3. As I spent a lot of time and didnt get work finished, I feel very frustrated.
4. I became very irritated, depressed. Every day I imagine how I hammer nails into UI developers head, of course nail head in front.

So I am spending my nerves, losing money and time just because of one id... bad person.

GS, please, DO SOMETHING!

Da3dalus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: Please add color back to AC20 user interface. Reply with quote

I'm with @Vasil4y92... Bring back color and give us a BLACK background option! I've actually been turning on the Invert in the Mac Accessibility Control Panel, and as long as I'm working on design, not photos, it's very soothing.

Bluebeam, Pixelmator, and Adobe (dark Gray) really know what they are doing! Even Apple's creativity apps (Garageband, iMovie, Final Cut, Logic, and optionally Photos) use the dark gray, and color icons really POP.

Think it through... you can give certain color ranges a purpose, such as red representative of a warning, while green means something is active (we do still have this in Teamwork Reserved Indicators).

We're getting used to it, but there's still a lot of grumbling out here.

InvertAC.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  273.48 KB
 Viewed:  227 Time(s)

InvertAC.jpg

ArchiCAD 21 (since 4.5)
Mobile: Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.12.6 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Home: Mac Pro OSX 10.11.6 Dual-Quad 2.8GHz/18GB RAM/512MB nVidia GeForce 8800GT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website   Facebook ID (Not full URL, just ID!) 
GraemeB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Please add color back to AC20 user interface. Reply with quote

Well - after several months using AC20 I can confirm that the new interface is awful! The lack of colour is unforgivable in this type of complex application. Everything takes longer because the eye cannot immediately locate the relevant icon. I am really disappointed and have started new projects on AC19 because it is simply more efficient use of time.
Takis

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Please add color back to AC20 user interface. Reply with quote

I agree for getting the color back.

Takis.
rjwilden

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Please add color back to AC20 user interface. Reply with quote

Agree: When I go back to a project in V19 it instantley becomes apparent that colour is better.
Archicad V19 ; Artlantis 5.0.
7alepan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Please add color back to AC20 user interface. Reply with quote

Shocked
Why and how did this happend?
Archicad is a professional tool not a modern hobby device, and making ALL icons colorless was not very thoughtful of you.
Color is essential for brain-eye reaction.
Instead: create at least two UI color schemes and input color to UI, PLEASE!!! Idea
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> User Interface Wishes >>> Please add color back to AC20 user interface. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: