Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Working in ARCHICAD >>> making slab finish continuous across few slabs
View previous topic :: View next topic
Lilith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: making slab finish continuous across few slabs Reply with quote

I have a situation where my floor is divided in 3 strips of different composites.
All 3 slabs have the same finish.

I was expecting the floor plan to display it continuous,without the division line being displayed.

however, I get the division line, and I'm interested if there's a way for it to blend seamlessly.

I've got workarounds, (by using zones, or hiding the slab in floor plans; but I'm hoping for a "how it should be done" answer.

image in attachment;

slabs.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  176.31 KB
 Viewed:  14 Time(s)

slabs.jpg

arqrivas
Veteran member
Veteran member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: making slab finish continuous across few slabs Reply with quote

If you need the different composites, then I'll do the slabs without the finishing layer, and do another slab on top with only the finishing.
Barry Kelly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: making slab finish continuous across few slabs Reply with quote

Lilith wrote:
Also, the section seems to have no problem blending the different composite layers... so I'm even more intrgued why its a problem in top view.

The plan is not a projected top view of the model - it is a symbolic view.
In 3D (section/elevation) when similar surfaces join they will blend together.
But in plan you are getting a symbolic representation of each slab.
No joining unfortunately.

So you either need to use one slab for the entire area or at least for just the top surface or workaround by hiding them, or covering with white lines or fills.

Barry.

DGSketcher

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: making slab finish continuous across few slabs Reply with quote

To add to Barry's comment you can change the outline linetype & pen of a slab in the slab settings, so you could use a very sparse dotted line with a white pen to loose the edge in plan.
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> Working in ARCHICAD >>> making slab finish continuous across few slabs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: