Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> ARCHICAD+ >>> Hotlinking RVT files?
View previous topic :: View next topic
B.E.A.T.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject: Hotlinking RVT files? Reply with quote

I was reading up on Hotlinking (new IFC-option in Archicad 21 - woohoo!), when I came across this sentence:

Quote:
Note: When hotlinking IFC or RVT files, make sure you use the Keep Elevation option! Otherwise, the imported model may “fall apart” when its elements are placed in a different story structure

You can find it here: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-21/archicad-21-reference-guide/collaboration/hotlink-modules/hotlink-settings/
at the bottom of the page.

Didn't find any other references on this, but is this a typo or is GS really developing this option?
I guess they probably mean IFC made from a RVT?

Would be very nice and really Open (BIM)minded to provide this option...

www.offbeat.be
Archicad 20 BE
runxel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Re: Hotlinking RVT files? Reply with quote

B.E.A.T. wrote:

Sorry for being slightly offtopic here, but I'd like to argue against that point.
Sure, for many users, that would be a short-term relief. But this would take away the pressure on the-company-which-name-shall-remain-silent completely.
It would unnecessarily brace the quasi-standard on RVT files, which – I think – can not be the goal.

laszlonagy
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: Hotlinking RVT files? Reply with quote

B.E.A.T. wrote:
I was reading up on Hotlinking (new IFC-option in Archicad 21 - woohoo!), when I came across this sentence:

Quote:
Note: When hotlinking IFC or RVT files, make sure you use the Keep Elevation option! Otherwise, the imported model may “fall apart” when its elements are placed in a different story structure

You can find it here: https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-21/archicad-21-reference-guide/collaboration/hotlink-modules/hotlink-settings/
at the bottom of the page.

Didn't find any other references on this, but is this a typo or is GS really developing this option?
I guess they probably mean IFC made from a RVT?

Must be mistyping. I am not aware of any such feature in ARCHICAD 21.
Hotlinking IFC, yes, but not RVT files.
I will notify the documentation team at GS about it.

Laszlo Nagy, Moderator, Site Admin
https://twitter.com/laszlonagy

i7-2630QM 16 GB RAM
17.3" (1920x1080), NVidia GTX 460M
SSD+HDD, Win10-64 ENG
AC13-AC21 (64-bit, latest build)
Loving ARCHICAD since 1995
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> ARCHICAD+ >>> Hotlinking RVT files? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: