Search the Knowledge Base Report a bug
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view   .    ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIM Managers >>> how to change GDL dutch library to English library
View previous topic :: View next topic
mi_jan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: how to change GDL dutch library to English library Reply with quote

Recently started working on a file that was created in Dutch on an Archicad version 18 file, I was able to translate all the layer names and some user created things using google translate.
1.The object library is in Dutch will replacing the library to English library fix all the objects or will it mess up some of the things already placed?
2.In the model view options, building materials, composites, pen styles,... all the settings show up in Dutch, Is there a way to change the language?

model view options.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  229.58 KB
 Viewed:  31 Time(s)

model view options.png

AC21 / MacOs Sierra 10.12.6

Last edited by mi_jan on Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
runxel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Working with file that was started in other language? Reply with quote

The options in the MVO, which are still in Dutch are most possibly due to being part of the dutch lib.
As you may know you can actually GDL script your own options into the MVO this is was happend here, I suppose. The options are very specific and tied to the lib.

mi_jan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Working with file that was started in other language? Reply with quote

I have no knowledge of GDL scripts further than what I have read today from the Graphisoft knowledge base but can't figure out how to update the library to English. I'm just trying to interpret this file before I begin working on it, any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

AC21 / MacOs Sierra 10.12.6
runxel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: how to change GDL dutch library to English library Reply with quote

mi_jan wrote:
I have no knowledge of GDL scripts further than what I have read today from the Graphisoft knowledge base but can't figure out how to update the library to English.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough here: what you're trying to do is not possible.
Libraries are always localized. You can either keep the dutch library, or you can of course load your own lib, but then all placed objects (mostly the windows and doors) will go missing and you will have to replace them.

Erwin Edel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: how to change GDL dutch library to English library Reply with quote

The MVO you are showing are related to the Dutch library windows/doors for scheduling purpose.

The zone stamps in Dutch library also have a lot of options that work with MVO.

Attribute names will also be based on the dutch template, with specific fills and surfaces used for objects.

The pen set is also different from INT version.

Long story short: you will have a lot of work getting this to work in other language and template.

For what it is worth, if you do have the libraries to go with it, our localisation has quite a few features extra to the INT version.

My wife learnt Dutch in 8 months, so maybe take a class? Wink

ArchiCAD 9-20 NED FULL
BIMx
Windows 10 Pro 1607 / OS X Sierra
Adobe Design Premium CS4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website    LinkedIn Profile Link (Full URL, please)
View previous topic :: View next topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view       ArchiCAD-Talk Forum Index >>> BIM Managers >>> how to change GDL dutch library to English library All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: